Fly Tying
Twofingerz

and so it begins

bruce thank you..i will do that

man there is nothing better than having over 7500 mentors

woohoo im not a "bait fisherman" anymore..lol

Even a regular walk in the park will never be the same again... never know what you might find as far as feathers go. I just raided my mother's african grey's cages for tailfeathers. You, too, will become a feather whore. Don't even get me started on the fur...

very nice, and if that's your first hair bug, you are indeed bad-ass... I agree, trim the bottom of the bug closer to the hook shank.

You're lucky to have a fly shop locally.... down here all the tackle shops only have foot-long rubber worms and 30lb test superline. :j_k: I went in to the largest local outdoors shop and asked if they carry any fly tying materials, and the guy didn't know what I meant, then when I explained it he said "oh, there's no trout fishing around here!" :blink:

:D good stuff JS.... i have been casting flies since '95 and have never once cast for a trout. which is probably some type of blasphemy since i live so near The Finger Lakes. Go figure.

this one isnt so good. but at this stage everything i tie is a first time. so i am more into learning techniques than esthetics for now.

post-9630-1171386862_thumb.jpg

Hey 2 fingerz!! I was at the Fly Fishing show in Somerset NJ on Jan. 27th...I went specifically to find,and purchase a TFO #10 weight fly rod,which I did. Cost: $275.00,with case....Went materials shopping after that,and dropped another $250.00!!! This is surely a form of madness!!!

EOM

ok it has happened

i am addicted

my determining factor is that i hope todays race gets over quick so i can get down to the shop before they close :D

last week i went in with a mission. i took a magazine article with me and asked for the materials to tie the flies in the article. got in and got out. this week i am going just "to look around". dangerous territory for sure. :bugeyes: would be nice if i only came out with just a ceramic bobbin but i doubt thats gonna happen.

Hi twofingers,

You are doing great considering the total number of flies you've tied. GOOD JOB! Keep it up. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Thank you very much Mr. Beatty. I must say with all due respect if it werent for you I would not have a clue as to what I was doing.

PHEW..only $35...new ceramic tipped bobbin, some hooks, and some pearl Midge Flash

Oh wait a minute...forgot...also another $6 for some glow in the dark thread at Jo-Ann Fabrics

Great fly!!

Yup, fly tying is a money pit, but I figure it's better than gambling, drinking or smoking it away. At least that's what I keep telling my wife.

My wife has yet to put the kabosh on me, but last year I probably spent close to $3,000 on stuff for me and $5k-6k on stuff for resale, I tend to buy in bulk alot, I just ordered 40 packages of Golden Pheasant tippets from Wal-Mart on a special order at 2.50 cdn a package, that's close to $100.00 worth of GP crests alone.

When you compare 8k worth of tying stuff, or 8k down the drain and nothing to show, there's a big difference.

Again, great looking fly!!!!