Fly Tying
pickin6ofem

Foam #3 (anything with foam)

...ditto here...any extras that you find in the bunch I sent, keep and do what you like with them...

Here is a look at the crease flies you all will be receiving. I went with a chartruese and red color scheme on a size 6 hook... so a bit smaller than a normal crease fly. Will be great for the warmwater species!

The tail is chartreuse angel hair under red super hair... very durable. There is a red prismatic strip on each side (cut from some house numbers I got for nothin' out of a clearance bin), prismatic eyes and I gave it a sprinkle of red glitter on top after the first coat of clear high gloss spar varnish (of which it received 3 coats).

This baby'll take bullet!!!

IPB Image

Oh, and I gave the face of it a coat of red glitter nail polish so you... and the fish... will really be able to see it.

IPB Image

Need addy pickin6ofem - flies ready to ship. Also, I still have not received yours for my PT swap - very strange since they usually only take a couple-3 days to arrive.

Cheers,

Michael

The crease flies went out in today's mail. It was quite a craft project... I hesitate to call it "tying" ... to make 20 of them so that I could find 17 good ones to send off. Way more effort than I thought. I'd never create them on that scale again, though I imagine some nights I'll kick out 3 or 4 of them and just coat them with nail polish instead of dipping and rotating them. I definitely want to make some for a size 10 hook... drive the gills nuts.

Oh. Duh. Something just occured to me... I didn't clear out the hook eyes before mailing. Sorry fellas.

Also, I threw some LA Ants in there for you, pickin6. I know you love that tie. Probably my own personal favorite to tie. It was a joy to sit down and crank out a few.

Oh... for the love of Mike... I'm a bigger dope than I first thought. I didn't just forget to clear out the eyes (not the biggest deal in the world) but I also forgot to toe tag the flies!!! This is my 5th or 6th swap, so I should know WAY better than that. It's the only crease fly in the swap, and very distinctive, so no worries on causing confusion, but I feel bad about it.

Sorry all.

Ok, here are my flies. They go out in tomorrow's mail.

IPB Image

18 Cicadas ready to go.

IPB Image

Closeup.

Cheers,

Michael

Folks-

Great job everyone. I tied up size 14 Tiger Beetles. It is a design from Harrison Steeves. I have done very well with his patterns. They are in the mail!

George

Got flies from Madkasel today, WOW great ty!!! and it does look like a ton of work went into them.

Thanks for th L.A. Ants :headbang:

Justin

Just under a week left tyers, how we doing? I haven't heard from some of you yet. Let me know if you need my address.

Justin