Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Is it possible for a new guy to get in on this? I am only new here. I've tied flies for 20+ years and have taught basic tying classes at three different shops. I'm not a fly tying artist but they fish well and look pretty good to boot.

I'd be more than happy to talk with someone on the phone, give out my info., references??? I added info in my sig line that speaks to me being in the Gunmaker's Artist Guild. Ethics issues can get you booted out which is no small thing, (i.e. I'm not trying to hide behind a screen name here), just would like to get in on what sounds like a cool swap.

Thanks and Let me know,

Trez Hensley

trezandjolie (at) yahoo.com

trez I can't speak for joining the fray on this swap, but I would like too welcome you aboard this is a great site and an exceptional group of people and I'm pretty sure you will fit right in. A bit of advice, if you want to get in a swap you had better act fast because they usually fill up real quick. Looking forward to seeing you around

trez I can't speak for joining the fray on this swap, but I would like too welcome you aboard this is a great site and an exceptional group of people and I'm pretty sure you will fit right in. A bit of advice, if you want to get in a swap you had better act fast because they usually fill up real quick. Looking forward to seeing you around

Thanks for the info. I used to do swaps on another site before I took a 4 year break from tying (my family needed me to take an obsession break :) ), but this is the first try here. I ran a materials box swap that worked great the first two times around but alas it was "lost in the mail" or someone decided to keep it.... That's why I made the ethics / references comments. A few dishonest folks can really ruin a good time.....

Whoever is running the show could you please let me know what you want me to do with the box. I presume that I should just send it to AFtier, but I would like to be sure.

Uhhhh a slight problem guys..........I'm not in this swap....and the Mystery box just showed up on my door.

Pat around the holidays you sent me an invite to this round and I decided to sit out....but now my name is on the list. So I'm just confused. I guess I'll just send it on to Frank since his name is next.

Please forward the box on and I'll take your name off the list.

Hey smalllie, I thought Rich was running this one. He hasn't been logged on since May 10th so I don't know what's up. I sent him a pm telling him that I would recommend that you send it to the next person in line. So, please send it to the next person on the list. pm me your email and I'll paypal you the shipping cost plus their fee.

Jim

Sorry everyone, been really busy over the last month.

Smallie PM me with the cost of shipping and I'll get it back to you.

Jim thanks for offering to assist, but you really shouldn't have to.

Is it possible for a new guy to get in on this? I am only new here. I've tied flies for 20+ years and have taught basic tying classes at three different shops. I'm not a fly tying artist but they fish well and look pretty good to boot.

I'd be more than happy to talk with someone on the phone, give out my info., references??? I added info in my sig line that speaks to me being in the Gunmaker's Artist Guild. Ethics issues can get you booted out which is no small thing, (i.e. I'm not trying to hide behind a screen name here), just would like to get in on what sounds like a cool swap.

Thanks and Let me know,

Trez Hensley

trezandjolie (at) yahoo.com

Hi Trez,

Welcome to the swap. PM me your information and I'll get you on the list for the next round.

Alright then, I'll send it on out to AFtier. Very kind of you guys to offer shipping compensation, but no worries, I think I can cover it :)

I'll ship er on out first chance I get.

Rich! Glad to see you buddy. I was wondering what happend to ya. I'm glad to see all is well.

Things have been a bit hectic lately. My son keeps me busy with all the various organizations, clubs and sports that he participates in. The company that I work at was hit with a nasty computer virus, and then the family was hit with the news that my Mother-in-Law has cancer. The removed a Softball Size Tumor from her abdomen, and now shes on Chemotherapy.

I'll try and check in more often as time allows

15 flies are on their way to you to add to the next box returned, along with a return envelope and a couple bucks. I Look forward to joining this one.

Trez

Trez your flies have arrived, I'll add them to the box when it returns. Do we have a status update on the Mystery Boxes? I know one box was on it's way to aftier, what about the other two?

Glad to hear they got there OK. Hope someone enjoys adding them to their box and maybe catching some fish on them. :)