Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

A Worm called Tiffany

found this synthetic yarn in a fabric store called "Tiffany"... it's like disco only smaller and softer, with no flash. Color selection was limited, but they had black.

This stuff has action in the water that puts any soft-plastic worm to shame... it is ALIVE in the water! With a small bead or cone head, it should mimic the undulation of a swimming leech almost perfectly with a tiny strip retrieve. Unweighted, it swims easy, sinks slow, and looks great.

Sheds water well and is easier to cast than a bunny strip, or even a disco.

I like the looks of that. I know some fish that are going to be in trouble when daddy gets home :headbang:

grat fly man! when i saw the name i was like WTF? but i really like that. should be a fish catcher....ill bet that has a ton of action when crawled over the bottom! :bugeyes:

nice one..now go out and catch A Fish Called Wanda

I did! the fly in the pic caught 3 LMB this evening, 12 to 17 inches... The owner of the pond was there and he always laughs at me for fly fishing, and not using 40lb test superbraid. I showed him the action of this fly in the water, and shortly after caught the 17 incher. It was almost enough to get him to try it, but not quite. BTW the big one absolutely HAMMERED the fly while it was just sitting still, in between strips. I rarely ever have had a fish of any kind whack a fly that hard. If only this tiffany stuff came in olive and chartreuse!

if it came in white im pretty sure sharpie makes a chartreuse color...if not you could get a cheap yellow high lighter and die it.

if it came in white im pretty sure sharpie makes a chartreuse color...if not you could get a cheap yellow high lighter and die it.

It does come in white. I'm going to look into how I can dye it chartreuse. This material has some serious potential, a double-furled tail has the same bulk but more action than a bunny strip, and it does not hold as much water which makes it easier to cast.

MAN J! I CANT BELIEVE YOU.....MAKIN ME SPEND ALL THIS MONEY ON ALL THESE NEW KINDS OF YARNS!!!! :angry: BUT HEY, THANKS CUZ I WOULDNT EVEN KNOW THEY WERE OUT THERE IF IT WASNT FOR YOU :P :D :yahoo:

that's what happens when you get old- you troll around sewing stores looking for fly materials. yeah, if I had half a brain I would have wrapped three yards of it on little cards and sold it for $2.50 each!

I think I paid $5 for a ball of this stuff, fifty yards or so. It's enough to tie a :poop: load of worm flies, maybe more.

I picked it up at a store called "Hancock Fabrics" but any sewing/craft store might have it. I didn't see it at my local wally world, your mileage may vary. I looked on the website of the manufacturer, and they don't make it in any bright colors except red, and white. The black is good, and they have a tan that looks promising.