Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Crappie Bluegill Sunfish fly swap...

Hey - I'm in if that's ok. I have several crappie patterns that catch em.

I'll go in twice (send 2 sets of flies) if that helps to get enough flies.

I'll be in TN crappie fishing (KY lake) this next 6 days - so I'll check when I get back. If someone wants to tie a small clouser, that works great for deep fish and the little sparkle woolie bugger I tied for the streamer swap gets em too.

I'll tie a marabou pony tail thing and another bead head with a hackle collar - I use them 75% of the time if crappie are in 5' or less.

Let me know when you want them and where.

Thanks mrjim

But one pattern is enough.

Ok now we only need one more swapper

I think we should be able to get one more by Friday.

Thanks again

OSD.

Ok I guess thats it 11 swappers that means 11 flies to tie and send

So start tying and if your already done then PM me and U will send you my address.

Check your Pm box mcfly

Thanks

OSD.

Hey, OSD, I'm brand new to the forum & don't really know how this works. I did read the rules. I think we're talking about 12 of the same fly? I know it's late, but I'd like to be in on this because I'm wanting to fly fish for bluegills and crappie. Is it too late?

Randall

breambuster

Let me check to see if any flies were sent out yet, and I will get back to you.

OSD.

Thanks, OSD, Glad to be a part. As I PM'ed you, I'll be tying the "Bully's Bluegill Spider" as per the book by Terry And Roxanne Wilson. As I understand it, I send you 12 of those in an Altoid's Tin, with toe tags, along with an SASE. And I need to get them to you by May 15. Will you PM me your mailing address? Anything else I need to know? This is my first swap, except for an informal one with another member of this forum. I've received his & mine go out to him Monday, (if the Post Office is open.)

Take care.

Nope (thats it)

Sounds like you have a good idea how it works.

Glad to have you as a swapper.

OSD.

I've got 6 of my 12 done. I'll try to get the rest tied and in the mail next week. Hope no one thinks mine are a "gob of fuss on a hook." It's been so long since I tied that it's like starting over, but as this stage in the game, they represent my best work.

OSD, will you PM me your address, or is it posted here somewhere? Also, what information do you need on the toe tag? My real name, my user name, the name of the pattern, all the above?

Thanks.

Got um all done today! I tied a marabou damselfly nymph with black bead chain eyes. If you happen to be a stillwater trout angler as well then this pattern will also keep you rippin' trout lips.

Flies mailed.

On a side note, the postal clerk told me they no longer allow packages to be mailed in standard sized envelopes. The reason being that the standard evelopes go through the automatic sorter and if they have a box or something in them it will jam and your mail could be thrown out if it is damaged. bugeyes.gif

I was told to use a clasp envelope or a padded envelope.

I get my clasp envelopes at the dollar store I can get 3 packs of 8 envelopes for a dollar in the 6x9 inch size.

best price in town (just a tip for the rest of the swappers)

OSD.