Fly Tying
stony

Stillwater Swap

Hey Stony what's SLF?? could you send me a link so I can check out the pattern you're talking about and maybe I'll give it a go.

I went to Denny Rickards site but for some reason it's down.

http://www.flyfishingstillwaters.com/

Here is a site that shows one also but it's not the same as what Denny shows and talks about.

http://www.westfly.com/patterns/wet/sealbugger.shtml

If you ever listen to Flyfishradio.com they have an interview with him where he describes the fly, how to tie it, and why it works so well. This one in the link seems too bulky and busy. When Denny's site comes back up, you can compare the pictures and you will see what I mean.

SLF is Synthetic Living Fur made by Hareline.

Click Here Since we can't get Seal Fur anywhere around here to use for the dubbing on the Seal Bugger, SLF is the best substitute out there.

I went into my cache and found the picture from Denny's site.

IPB Image

Can you see the difference?

I'm in, with something i call a spellbinder, [ flashy chiro ] it has worked for me in the past,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,

hey stony

i'm in probably with a brian chan pattern, there was another good pattern that was recommended by bill spicer from the new fly fisher tv show when he was at our club this year, speaking about a tiger trout fishing expedition to manitoba. Very cool presentation!!

Jon

Awesome. 1 spot left now.

I'm glad we are filling up this swap. I feel that although stillwater fly fishing is popular for the most part, most people only focus on the rivers and streams. It seems as though stillwater falls by the wayside sometimes.

In addition, many people still fish with flies that are geared towards those rivers and streams. When they have a bad outing, they may blame it on many other reasons but not the fly itself. :baby:

I can't wait to see all the patterns you guys use for stillwater flyfishing. This will be a very cool set to have. :headbang:

hey stony

i'm in probably with a brian chan pattern, there was another good pattern that was recommended by bill spicer from the new fly fisher tv show when he was at our club this year, speaking about a tiger trout fishing expedition to manitoba. Very cool presentation!!

Jon

I have yet to catch a tiger trout. The closest ones we have are in Utah. I hear they are very very aggressive and will attack a can of paint if it gets close enough. :hyst:

Alrighty, this swap is filled and closed. Let's get to tyin. :yahoo:

Addy is right here.

Eric Yonts

2907 Bonito Avenue

Grand Junction, CO 81504

Thanks for getting into this swap everybody. This should be a very cool set.

Stony, :P

I've got 10 BOWIM's (beadheaded olive wounded ice minnows) tyed up. I'll try to put them in the mail tomorrow. :D Today I'll be on the river. :headbang:

Juice :P

Flies sent today. Should be there early next week.

Juice :P

stony,

I will be tying an Orange Tie-Down Caddis.

Geo

Also, fly's will be in the mail tomorrow.