Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Frank G. Swarner III

Amber Butt Dee

Have been playing around with some ideas and getting ready for the fall fishing season.

Amber D-rib over silver tinsel at the rear, whiting spey hackle, fly line backing colored with marker for the eye (tied length of shank and glued), Alec Jackson Blind Eye

Can't wait to give it a swing!! Hope you like it.

post-609-1187050865_thumb.jpg

post-609-1187050879_thumb.jpg

Great lookin Dee Frank. My mind is on the fall also. Some good rainfall and a drop in temps would really get me dreamin..........

DaveG

that is one sweet dressing!!!! I have a box that could stand a dzn or so of those beauties.

Have been playing around with some ideas and getting ready for the fall fishing season.

Amber D-rib over silver tinsel at the rear, whiting spey hackle, fly line backing colored with marker for the eye (tied length of shank and glued), Alec Jackson Blind Eye

Can't wait to give it a swing!! Hope you like it.

hi Frank

Nice Dee beautifull set of wings and a lovely small head.

regards

Jens

Frank, i was lookin' at your fly again and was reminded that i had once used fly line backin' to do an eye. It was a real bright florescent orange colored backin' too. Pretty out there. If i remember right, the main color of the fly was purple. Orange and purple works ok. :D But next time i'm gonna try it on a much larger hook than i did with that other one. My eye came out way to bulky for the size hook i used it with. Backing is not exactly a small diameter material. Also, i think i'll do what you did and strap it all the way down the shank to where the body starts. Thankx Pal. mark..... B)