Fly Tying
Silver Bullets

..:::Beginner Fly Swap:::..

hey, i was thinkin of hosting a swap for us beginner fly tyers(if a advid fly tyer wants to join thats fine) I dont really know how to host a swap so a little help would be great!

I dunno how many people should be in the swap.... umm, 6 or 12 maybe...

I was thinking trout flys? because mostly everyone fishes trout.

My email address is [email protected] if anyone has any questions....

If you would like to join the swap just reply to this post!

Silver Bullets-

Please find the pinned thread on Rules and Policies regarding swaps on FTF, located at top of Forum page.

OK, this swap will be trout flys only, up to 12 people can join this swap,

If you would like to join the swap reply to this post and say "I'm In"

If you join the swap and want to drop out email me at [email protected] with your name and the forum name u use.

The dead line will be the end of the month.

Thanks,

Cody headbang.gif

hey a couple of things I am curently hosting a dry fly swap and like this one being new to it it took a bout 2 weeks before I had 6 people to join my swap, with a closing date for the end of month it may be just you and me how do you want to do this James dunno.gif

well... we'll give it untell the beginning of next week, and if know one else joins it will just be me and you and we'll just have a small fly swap! or if u hae any other ideas tell me!

How about having a swap for whatever flies we NEWBIES want to tie? We could mail them to Silver and he could distibute them as he sees fit.....? I am thinking that I have gotten "good" at tying wooly buggers/egg sucking leeches so that is what I would like to contribute. Those that have some other "speciality" can send those and we could have a variety of flies to add to our collection....... Just an idea.....

I would be interested in a swap like that.

I have been tying a lot of clouser minnows for friends lately so I can tie up some of them for the swap.

I read on another thread about some problems with mailing flies from the US to Canada. The Swapmister there was going to drive across the border into NY to mail the flies back to tiers from the US. What's the latest word on that? I might be willing to participate, depending on the postage issue.

Breambuster

Hey that was me I am doing that for 2 reasons one my wife wants me to take her shopping in Messana and the other reason I Personally felt since I do not live far from the border it would just be easier for me to do it that way, I have since found out about a international postal reply I think it is called you buy it at your local post office and when the flies arrive, the swap master then takes your flies back to the post office and gets stamps for the postal reply (pre paid by you) according to canadain post office flies mailed down to the states or easier then flies coming up from the states our customs people want there money (liberals cant live with them and hey you know the rest hehehehe) so that is the scope on that need more info pm me and I will glad to share any more info that you may need James cool.gif

I found out this morning that I can get the IRC's in our County Seat town. The nearest town to me, about 8 miles away is pretty small and the Post Office here doesn't have them. Anyway, since I'm pretty sure I can work out the deal about Canadian Postage, count me in on the Newbie Swap. I think I'll tie the "Cat's Whisker."

Breambuster

sounds good guys... tie any fly u would like and the deadline will be, ummm..... the 2nd week of May?

So if u are in the swap make on reply on this thread with just ur name so i can see how many people we got here and how many flys we will have to tie up!