Fly Tying
little laker

I met up with KVRNut yesterday

I met up with KVRNut yesterday, and took these 3 pic's while out with him.

Autumn Reflections

IPB Image

Setting Sun

IPB Image

Seasons Change

IPB Image

I still have several I haven't sorted through yet, so I might add more later.

Ernie, please feel free to add a couple of yours whenever they're ready :)

I'll e-mail you that photo I took earlier. It turned out perfect, and should bump up the level of the photo contest after my 40 posts :yahoo:

Will most likely be adding my photos from yesterday after I get them developed later on today Stu. (The folks at the photo lab really love me these past 3 weeks. :lol: _ ) Those last two pics really turned out well.

Ernie

I believe that they would like you at the store.

Don't forget to bring that 1 roll back and show them the lines in the photo's.

I'm looking forward to seeing your versions, it'll be interesting seeing how different our styles are in the same place.

Looks like you guys had an enjoyable day, in many ways. The seasons change photo is spectacular. I try and shoot red anytime I see it in nature, and you managed a great shot.

All of them are just beautiful pictures, like the others though, Seasons change is just beautiful. Very nice shooting.

Ashby

Laker I love the Seasons Change photo... I hope you do not mind if my wife adds it to her desktop wallpaper? Great work!

Thank You Jay, and your wife is more than welcome to add any of my pic's to her wallpaper :)

Looks like you guys had an enjoyable day, in many ways. The seasons change photo is spectacular. I try and shoot red anytime I see it in nature, and you managed a great shot.

Thank You Graham,

I always say that I just lucked out being at the right place at the right time.

You'll believe it soon after I take a couple of photo's out of hiding

All of them are just beautiful pictures, like the others though, Seasons change is just beautiful. Very nice shooting.

Ashby

Thank you Ashby.

There's a lot of good photographers here, making it a very enjoyable place :D

Okay, fresh outta the lab, here's some of my photos from yesterday's outing with Stu. I was using ISO 100 film and a couple different lenses. It was getting close to sunset when these were taken.

Ernie

The old trout rearing ponds. I love this spot.

post-3353-1190688601_thumb.jpg

post-3353-1190688643_thumb.jpg

post-3353-1190688787_thumb.jpg

Some Oregon Grape

post-3353-1190688875_thumb.jpg

Used dual polorizers on these shots as they were directly into the sun.

post-3353-1190689062_thumb.jpg

post-3353-1190690663_thumb.jpg

The fishing hole for seniors, children and folks with special needs. This pond is stocked with bass and yellow perch. Due to the nature of the area and that there are kokanee spawning channels so close by, there is no chance of escape for the fish in the pond.

post-3353-1190689451_thumb.jpg

Hey Ernie,

Your compositions and subjects are wonderful, flowing foliage with still water, what an inspirational place you have there. And the grape image, the subject is nice, but I really like the lines, color, flow and textures, looks very artistic and pleasing to the eye. I hope you go digital someday, so we don’t have to wait for the lab.

Graham

Your reflections top mine Ernie, I like them. Thanks for posting them.

I some how missed the Oregon Grape :(

I'll hopefully be shooting some film soon as well Graham.

With a little luck I'll be getting a 645 Medium format, for my landscapes. Just to improve the photo quality.

And I know a fair amount of people doing the same thing.

Although I'll probably scan the negatives to the computer myself.

Mostly because after looking through KVRNut's camera view finder it's my personal opinion that the developer over exposed the images to bring out the foreground ;)

This has bleached out the sky's brilliant color :(

Of course we all have our own tastes with these things.

Thank you Graham! That's very high praise for me...

If you ever come up to this neck of the woods, I'm pretty sure that either Stu or me would be willing to set some time aside to share some fishing and photography spots with you so the inspiration gets passed along.

I enjoy the challenge of working with film and only having one ISO to work with per camera. It tests me in conditions that the film wasn't designed to be used in. I will go digital some day but only full frame digital so I can use both film and digital as a team that work together to get the best photo I can. That's a promise!

By the way, I don't mind waiting for the lab at all because it's sort of like Christmas whenever I open up the envelope that has my prints. :D

Thanks for the compliment about the reflections Stu. You can always catch the grape next time we meet. Would like to see how you approach them. I blew the red plant because I wasn't using the tri-pod when I pressed the shutter on a long exposure so that one will be a reshoot. :lol:

Will talk to the developer about the blowing out of the sky Stu. That bugs me too. One thing that I do notice is a change between the print and the digital image though. Took some pics today that don't have that problem as a lot of them were in the bottom of a canyon along Bear Creek. Will post those later on tonight.

Ernie

Ernie,

If I happen to be passing through K-Town on Wednesday I'll pack along my scanner.... along with the negative scanner.

I would imagine that the negatives are right, so you might be able to scan them the way you want.

It's my opinion that the developers make all the pictures look the way they think they should look.

If you give them an example of what you like they might be able to duplicate it for you next time.

Sounds like an idea Stu. Thanks! Will see how things go. Am tempted to try L&S to see how the prints come out with them. Right now am trying to lighten some shots I took today. Was in heavy shade with ISO 100.

By the way, I notice I still have your filter frame so will pass that back to you. LOL

Ernie