Fly Tying
dfield

90 sec ties

I just noticed this thread. If there is room for one more I would like to tye up some flymphs. Please PM me your address and whether you need return postage.

I need an addy please, and I oops and changed my pattern to a hares ear soft hackle size 18 hope that is ok??? I can actually tie them in about 60 seconds a piece now that I tied all of them for the swap!!! Even had the wife time me the other night when I was tying them up

I need an addy please, and I oops and changed my pattern to a hares ear soft hackle size 18 hope that is ok??? I can actually tie them in about 60 seconds a piece now that I tied all of them for the swap!!! Even had the wife time me the other night when I was tying them up

Hey Steve,

I aint sure those soft hackles qualify for this swap....they are posed to take 90 seconds not 60. You will have to tie a little slower...this is a 90 second tie swap :hyst: :j_k:

Sorry I'll try and slow it down next time, I have tied so many of these for this swap and for myself recently that I am almost completley out of any decent quail feathers and need for season to open so I can get some more I'm about to resort to robbing them from my little cousins 4-H project, he has about 20 of them and they look so great with all their pretty little feathers and such, they would make much better flies than pets!!!

Steve

Sounds like one of those quail needs to have an early 'molt' . . . . . . .

Yeah I think it needs to "molt" it's entire skin I can just se his face when he walks out and one of the males has NO feathers on it's breast at all :bugeyes: . Of course i am sure his dad would be on the phone with me in about 5 minutes of that report <_< . I did get lucky and his big ole fluffy bunny came to my house to "live" with all the other wild rabbits that are under my garage, but I have no idea where that rabbit skin and all those wonderful zonker strips came from :dunno: :whistle: I should really feel bad for the rabbit but what great white fur and a beautiful cream colored face... man that thing has tied some great flies.

Steve

I think weasels can be a problem when they grab domesticated quail. This usually happens in the month of November . . . .

Deer season opens Saturday maybe a stray bullett???? or maybe I'll kill mine early and beat him back to the house and I can just swipe one I really doubt he will notice. Nah better not, I bet in the next couple months he'll be getting rid of them and I'll have first dibs.

Steve

Probably the best course to take, but when ya need to tie a pattern, ya need particular feathers!!

I have received some sweet looking flies for Bruce Williams, but I am not sure who that is. Bruce could you shoot me an IM so I can mark the right tier off the list. thx