Fly Tying

Photoshop Exercise.

Hello everybody. I have three or four photos than I am going to be merging together tonight to make a panoramic picture out of. The spot I have to hang this picture is just under 30 inches wide. Then I thought that if there is any interest I would also post or email (probably email) the photos to the folks who wanted to try their hand at making a panoramic out of multiple photos. Then we could post on here what each of us came up with. Now each photo is probably 5-6 megs large. Give me a shout or reply here if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Jim

I'll give it a try!

I'll PM you my email address. I might have time tonight to work on it, but not likely.

Maybe you could post smaller versions of the file here, and then we'll post our results so everyone can see!

Ok here are the panoramic shots. I have put them in order going from left to right.

Pan A

IPB Image

Pan B

IPB Image

Pan C

IPB Image

Pan D

IPB Image

Thanks for everyone who is wanting to take part in this. And remember if you want, please show us your final panoramic photo.

thanks

Jim

What a great idea, Jim. I have never combined images together before, but have wanted to learn the technique for quite a while. Having your images ready to combine was a great idea (challenge).

You guys did much better than I was able to do. I managed to assemble the images together, but could not get the exposure balanced between each of the components.

Here is my first ever attempt at combining images into a panorama:

post-4573-1195610188_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks for jumping in letumgo. Here is the link to the page of the tutorial that I used.

Making a Panorama

It should be the 5th one down from the top. It is a very good one to learn on.

Oh Andrew. That turned out awfully nice. I'm thinking I will have to go and darken my sky a little bit now that I have seen yours.

Great job everyone.

Jim

ps and I'm using PS 7.

Thanks Jim..And thank you for lending us these great photos and getting this thread going..This is my first time doing this and it was allot of fun..

Sorry Andrew, but I for one have a hard time believing this is your first time at this. That scene looks fantastic. The bold colors but not too bold colors. I'm still trying to get my sky to come out as blue as yours.

Jim

Jim, that tutorial was fantastic and super helpful to watch! I am using a different digital editing software (Corel Paint Shop Pro 12), but it looks like all of the methods/techniques easily translate between the programs. This opens up many possibilities for me with some of my own photos. Would you mind if I posted a couple of them here as another set of photos for others to play with?