Fly Tying

Photoshop Exercise.

Thanks Jim. I think this is a great post (challenging, useful and interactive).

Well, here are the images I mentioned earlier. These images are of a cathedral in the heart of Antwerpen, Belgium. I took these photos when I was over there a couple months ago. The cathedral was too large to fit into a single frame, so I took many pictures in the hope that I could someday find a way to stitch them together. I will post my attempt shortly. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with...

Extra Credit Challenge - The original cathedral was planned to have two spires, but the second spire was never finished (that is the shorter section on the right side of the building). Extra credit for anyone who assembles the photos to show the catedral as it was originally intended to be built (i.e. - two spires).

Have fun! :D

post-4573-1195613290_thumb.jpg

post-4573-1195613309_thumb.jpg

post-4573-1195613326_thumb.jpg

post-4573-1195613338_thumb.jpg

post-4573-1195613356_thumb.jpg

I'm getting my butt kicked by these cathedral photos. Unfortunately the perspective seems to be different in each photo, which makes it difficult to line up the images. I took the photos from the same spot, but freehanded (no tripod).

Wow Ray , this one is really tough for my Photoshop abilities..This was the best I could do..It was allot of fun to work on though and I learned allot..

IPB Image

Here is my try on the first pan. I would like to have the full size pics for this one, it's a good looking picture.

Ashby

post-3929-1195620377_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!

I am in AWE, Andrew!!! You did an awesome job reassembling the photos together. I messed with them for an hour and my results looked like a hack job at best. :cursing:

It is amazing how you were able to correct all of the perspective issues and get the size of the second spire perfect.

Your Photoshop abilities have served you extremely well Andrew.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

EDIT - I just noticed that you also did a mirrow image of the new spire to match the outer details correctly. You are a Photoshop Genius!

Thanks Ray lol...I am far from a genius but I appreciate the compliments..I had to do allot of Free Transform tool work to get the perspectives to look right..I enjoyed working on it and I learned allot of valuable techniques ..

LOL!!! LOL!!! :hyst:

Good one, little laker. I wasn't expecting the addition to the photo when I opened it up. When my eye caught your addition I burst out laughing. Nicely done. :D

I'll try my hand at it tonight. I've been crazy busy at work due to catching up after my recent 2 week vacation and haven't had enough time for fun stuff.