Fly Tying
Will Milne

Pattern photography

Russ, thanks for the 30 years of service. I have a ton of respect for you guys and what you did and do. I currently have 11 years in active, and don't plan on getting out for the next 15 or so years. My family and I love this way of life. In fact my daughter told me the other day, she will only marry a guy if he is in the military, because they protect us lol.

Will, you guys keep up with the descriptive paragraphs and I too will keep learning.

Graham, sounds like the wife is a keeper :blink: Mine does the same thing as yours. Even when I'm writing a performance evaluation for one of my troops, she gets to do changes to it first, and then it goes up the chain for approval. With those and anything else I write, the comments of "did you even read this prior to giving it to me" and "you are such a hillbilly" now that's a compliment :hyst: Like you though, her and spell check keep me in place, well kind of ;)

Ashby

My wife writes everything i say on the forum. :baby: I'm not sure I even exist. :dunno:

;)

A couple more pics -

wow that white board in the first pics sure kicked up a lot of light from the flash -

thought I would try a white pattern ( it's hard to hang on to those details) -- on a piece of slate with the same flash setup-

IPB Image

looks a bit flat and cold to me - so I added a gold reflector disc behind the pattern (off to the left) to kick some light back onto the background and the rear of the pattern as well as add some "warmth"

IPB Image

same pattern on black polished acrylic -

IPB Image

wish I knew where I was going with this , journey is fun though:))

Will

Holy cow Will, the last one with the reflection is very cool, the best so far. The reflection is almost exact to the realy image. I really like the picture, very nicely done.

Ashby

Ty Ashby and Russ

A couple more experiments trying to get some more subtle effects and some character/context

IPB Image

and

IPB Image

help/ctitique always welcome

Will

Nice shots Will. The focused reflection under the fly onto the white background is bright; how did you light for this effect? I see some highlighting on the strands of flash and shadow beneath the head; small overhead flash? Well done.

Russ

:bugeyes:

Will, those pictures are amazing! keep up the great work, keep posting pictures!