Fly Tying
nrthcsteel

A few more for winter.....

Well the local rivers are still closed due to low flows so in between trips out of town in quest for steel have had some time to tie a few more up. Great ties by all lately, hope everyones had a chance to get out and fish them! Kevin

post-4870-1197172792_thumb.jpg post-4870-1197172821_thumb.jpg post-4870-1197172842_thumb.jpg

Very, VERY nice fishin' flies. And the fact that you've debarbed the hooks shows great maturity. Beautiful designs, colors, and proportions. REALLY some totally hip fishin' flies. Nice hook choice as well.....size 1.5? You ever see the A.J. "Hooked ON" tapes where he explains why he uses gold and silver hooks? Check it out. I'll swap you anyday. mark..... B)

Thanks all. Mark I have Alec Jacksons video on Northwest patterns. ABSOLUTELY GREAT video. It really was influential in my tying. Some of his techniques really turned the light bulb on for me and as you can see I incorporate many of them into my tying. Dont know if I recall his hook color choice in that one, it may be in the spade video, gonna have to get that one. Debarbed for sure, not only is it the law here but I feel it should be done always, especially for steelhead. If they come unhooked "Oh well" and if they do come to hand a quick release is all the better for the well being of the fish. A debarbed hook does less damage to a fish and aids in the quick release so they can be on there way TO MAKE MORE :headbang: . Ray I will work on getting some recipes up as requested. Take care all and good fishing Kevin

Kevin, you definately got the right attitude..........not to mention, some damn common sense. That hook gets stuck in you............dig? mark..... B) p.s. GET the other tape.....you'll LOVE it. ;)