Fly Tying
pickin6ofem

Terrestrial Swap

Hey Pick, I PMed you a week or so ago about the possibility of changing my pattern for this swap. Well, I finally got all the stuff together & tied up a few this evening to test things out & I'm definitely changing. Instead of a Madam X which everybody probably already has in their box, I'm going to be tying up a Crystal Butt Hopper. This is a Harrison Steeves' pattern, and it's in his "Fur, Foam, & Feathers book. But I'm going to be using some different materials that I saw him using at the Charlotte Fly Fishing Show. I think you guys are REALLY going to like this one. I do!

I've just got to get a little faster with my tying, or else I'm going to have to spend less time reading the FTF Forum! :wallbash:

Take Care

BB

Hey Pick, 21 Crystal Butt Hoppers are on their way to your address. Keep an eye out for them. It wouldn't do for them to get loose and cause a "plague of grasshoppers!" Keep the extra and thanks for hosting.

I hope everyone will forgive me the handwritten toe tags. The computer with the printer drivers is still in the shop. Hope they catch a lot of fish for you guys.

BB

I got two more sets in yesterday.

Nealbo I was checking out that fly in Fly Tyer, and How cool too actually get to look at 20 of them up close in person. Great job on them they are spot on!! very clean ty, Great addition to this swap. Thanks for joining and thanks A LOT for the extras, I'm going out to the creek today and I'll probally go throw some at some trout, Thanks Neal.

I also got a sweet set or Red Ass Epoxy Ants from Chase Creek, Man that's a killer little fly!! I think it is gonna be deadly here in the creeks (which I should have a report for all ya later) Thanks for the extras as well!!! You guy's rock, always hooking me up with some killer flies....Thanks A lot.

So were down to one week and have a few sets still out but it looks like if everybody gets there flies out in the next day or two we'll finish up on time!!

Justin

I bet those flies I sent will be killer on some bream and bass. I made them smaller. To me what the recipe called was a big fly. Hope everyone likes them.

I got a real nice set of Crystal Butt Hoppers yesterday!!!!

Sweet Ty BB, and thanks as always for joining in on this swap!!

Justin

Glad you liked them Pick. I was fairly well pleased with them. I hope they will add a little more variety to everyone's box than the pattern I had originally chosen.

Take care

BB

Got a set of inch worms from DJ.

Thanks man I know your super busy right now

I hope things slow down a bit for you soon.

You're gonna dig the results of this swap!!

The flies are BITCHEN!!!

Justin

Well they finally hit the mail today!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

There are days when you get the bear and there are days when the bear(pattern) gets you. This was one of the latter. But they are done and NOW I AM FREE!!!!!!

St4evr :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: