Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Fly Tying Travel bag

Howdy all, I'm looking to purchase a new fly tying travel bag/case. I'm looking at the Fishpond model,as it seems to have pleanty of storage and versatility. Does anyone know of anything else that compares? Thanks, and Go Pack Go!

I havent actually seen one before, but I think William Joseph sells one that is similar. I really like fishpond products, as I have a vest and some tools and other items, but they can be pricey...

Let me know what you find out in your search, id love too see what you come up with,

I have the fishpond coyote and it's amazing! I looked at others, but this one is FAR superior. I would definately recommend it...it's a little pricey, but worth it!

Depending on how much material you want to carry you can also go to the drug store or cosmetic section of Wal-mart and look at make-up cases. They have pockets for items and sometimes loops for tools. Get a black one, they are about $25, but the selection varies with the season.

Also Michael's has a bag for BEADERS to make jewelry. It is a little larger, like a lure case, but has lots of pockets and a good space for putting 'Plano' boxes.

Lastly, I might add that the materials in my travel case are selected to make anything brown/beige/cream in size 16, so for most trout water I could make any fly and at least expect some results. Your choices may very, but the travel kit in my opinion should contain all the tools and basic materials, and be amended for extra materials depending on the trip/destination.

I think the owner wants to sell from what I've heard, but I just bought another two bags from them. I've got four; you can store anything in them and a lot of it, feathers, thread, etc., just like the pictures.

Ray