Fly Tying
nomad

Sculpin Swap

I'll play! No trout around here (Savannah, GA) but Sculpin patterns look buggy enough that they could probably pass for a shrimp.

If the Reds and Specks down here don't like 'em I bet they'll rip the lips of a few bass. There's a ton of ponds down here. If all else fails I guess I'll just have to take a trip to the Chattahoochie or to N. Carolina to use 'em up! :lol:

I'll tie up some Zoo Cougars. Color TBD.

defack01;The mallies lovem. Never tried them on largemouth,but they should work.

No smallies around here for quite a ways unfortunately. Hopefully the Redfish will find them tasty.

defack01;The mallies lovem. Never tried them on largemouth,but they should work.

No smallies around here for quite a ways unfortunately. Hopefully the Redfish will find them tasty.

Don't wanna use em' in saltwater if they ain't tied on stainless hooks.....but the Largemouth will inhale em' :bugeyes: A two hour drive north for ya and we're catchin some smallies in the Congaree....the stripers in the Saluda and Congaree will also hit em'....but if ya make a weekend trip to the smokies...or especially the South Holsten...Big browns will smack the :P out of em' ...occasional rainbow too!

Gonna try to make it down your way here soon...hear tell the shad should be movin up the Ogeechee soon?

I've never been in a swap before, but I would love to be in one and have a few sculpin patterns that I tie and really like so I'm not sure which one I'll submit yet, but yeah, I'd love to be a part of it. What all does a swap entail? I'm in.

Hey Dillon,

Here's the basics in a nutshell:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1515

Basically, tie up the quantity the swapmeister calls for, attach a toe tag on each fly with the fly name and your name and/or screen name, mail in a crush proof container BY THE DUE DATE to the swapmeister, and include postage for the swap flies return.

What I do is when I go to the post office, I ask them to weight it before I seal the package and then ask to get additional postage but ask for the next level up, or more, of the postage I just got, for the return trip. Never know what other swappers are sending, so the box will most often be heavier on it's way back. Put that postage in the package, seal it and mail off. One extra I always due, besides throwing a few extra flies for the SM, is to make address labels for the swapmeister too and include that, but that's just me..

Don't wanna use em' in saltwater if they ain't tied on stainless hooks.....but the Largemouth will inhale em' :bugeyes: A two hour drive north for ya and we're catchin some smallies in the Congaree....the stripers in the Saluda and Congaree will also hit em'....but if ya make a weekend trip to the smokies...or especially the South Holsten...Big browns will smack the :P out of em' ...occasional rainbow too!

Gonna try to make it down your way here soon...hear tell the shad should be movin up the Ogeechee soon?

Smallmouth 2 hours away? Hmm... I forsee a trip up there sometime soon! The Shoal Bass in south Georgia might hit them as well.

Seeing as You made me a sweet fly holder the least i can do is join Your swap. How many goodies did ya end up with from the show? I'll have my woven swap flys done here in a few.

Brent