Fly Tying
mfpdflies

CDC Mini Streamer

Peter,

Nice fly -- and hook. The CDC must give the fly a lot of movement in the water. CDC works well -- but is seldom used here in the States -- for sub-surface flies. Thanks for sharing this post. I hope will will see more patterns from MF&PD Flies. Welcome to the forum.

Kevin

Thanks for sharing and welcome. I like this fly a lot. I do use cdc quite a bit, a lot on wet flies too, but I have to admit I never have tried it streamer style. I will have to try it. Kevin you are right, cdc is very under utilized in this country for wet flies. I think many tiers see it as being not very durable or it just has a narrow reputation as a "floating" material. I would love to see more of your "cdc" flies MF&PDflies.

Hi, kevin, Hi Old Hat, thank you very much for your complimets about my fly.CDC fetahers you can use for streamers, too,because it is is very mobile and active, and it gets rid off the grease...they are really excellent streamers... :headbang: