Fly Tying
breambuster

On-line Materials Dealers

I'm looking for some suggestions for Fly-tying Materials dealers that are on-line. I use JStockard and the "Dungeon" but another of my favorites "Riverwire" must have gone belly up because every time I click on their link, I get diverted to a Real Estate Agent in Hawaii! That would be nice, but it isn't what I'm looking for. If anyone else can get through to http://www.riverwire.com please let me know.

Otherwise, I need some suggestions for materials dealers that have a good selection, easy to navigate, & easy to place an order with. The thing I liked about Riverwire was that they kept your card info on file like JStockard does & you didn't have to enter your credit card number every time. The other thing that I liked about them was they, while they charged a few cents more for each item, they did NOT charge any shipping. So if you only wanted a couple of items that came to $4.50, you didn't have to turn around then & pay them $5.00 more for shipping.

Thanks

BB

I use Stockard and like them a lot....don't forget Blue Ribbon Flies for great bird skins, the best comparadun deer hair and zelon among other things. Feathercraft's catalog is great... it has cool little tips on how to use various materials..also an excellent company. EBay sellers jimsflyco and pacer0036 also do a great job.

John

J. Stockards has been awesome to deal with, so they would get my vote first. That being said, here are some other on-line fly tying vendors that have also been great to deal with:

FeathersMC (Seller of all things Classic & Salmon Fly related)

Stone River Outfitters

Murray's Fly Shop

TCO Fly Shop

Belvoirdale (Specialty seller of Gaelic Supreme Hooks)

Blue Ribbon Flies

Cabelas

Stone River Outfitters

Really like these guys, great stuff, & they will ship partial orders if out of stock on something, they don't hold it all back to save themselves a few bucks in shipping. Good company to work with.

Creekside flyfishing in Salem Ore. has an extensive on line catalog of materials

Rich Youngers is the owner and a noted tier in his own right is very helpful

and a joy to do business with. I have been able to obtain difficult to find materials from

him and he has a wealth of info. No, I don't have a vested interest in their business.

My list

Anglers Workshop, Woodland Wa.

John @feathersmc.com

Creekside fly shop Salem Or