Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Welcome to michigan

rain, what rain?? i spent the weekend up by the MO and it rained friday night and then again sat. at least down on the mo. i was up at the pm sat and it only sprinkled a couple of times. but they had a flood watch out for the pm sat. night. dont know if they got the rain up there like we did in newaygo, but it poured in the early morning today sad.gif hopefully the water will go down some so i can float the damn river, this is ridiculous mad.gif

This blows

Storming again. Never made it out yesterday. I kinda take note on those tornado watches. Nothing like being 4-5 miles from port and having something blow in on ya. John, Marc and I did find a little 4 hour window and hit the pond this morning. Nothing fast and furious though. We took 4 walleye and lost a couple.

By the sounds of it, the rivers are done for a while

Of course we in the middle of another downpour. FTI bs.gif

Yup were gettin HAMMERED again right now ralf freakin winds blowin about 60+mph and raining so hard i can hardly see across the street....bring your boat over and pick me up will ya? it should float right off the trailer for ya!

boat.gif boat.gif boat.gif sad.gif

soon my friends from the sunset side are gonna be able to troll for salmon to my front door ohmy.gif mad.gif sad.gif bs.gif

good lord, this is not lookin good.

steve

Have any of you guys seen Yates on Channel 7? It's about the size of the Mo at Croton.

I went back to the boat to button it up after the storm. (kinda late dunno.gif ) All kinds of powerlines down, flooding on many side streets and the sirens went off on the way. bugeyes.gif More storms are scheduled until 4am. Just what we need

I'll have to watch the news tonight and see if they show it ralf....i know i saw on the weather alert that came across the computer that the clinton would be 1.5FT over flood stage by morning unsure.gif

HOLY $%^# just saw the clinton on the news shocking.gif shocking.gif thats insane for this area! the water was almost to the top of the bridge which is usally 8FT or more above the river!

I just headed down the road to check out the Loft access this evening. You wouldn't believe it SD. The bar is an island right now. Clinton must be 200'+ wide there. Drove over to Yates and things were about the same. Water was just a few feet from Avon rd. and I couldn't see the dam at all. Like it wasn't even there. I just hope things aren't as bad up north. Already had to cancle a trip this weekend. This sucks.

Al

The loft is in a bad place also Al,its probaly the lowest thing in that area unsure.gif

Check out OSD's river flows he has pinned in the coldwater forum...its not lookin good right now for the up north rivers...but if the rain slows this week then they may be "ok" for the holiday weekend.

SD

Holy Smokes, Bob

Average flow in the hundreds and now at 6000. sad.gif Hell the Mo in Spring rarely goes over 5 and averages around 2500.

Is that covered bridge in any danger? It's starting to look like that one flood in the fall. I remember salmon in farmer's fields. Was that in the early 80's?