Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Wulff

April Chrome

Wulff,

Had a few tail walking chromers today and it made me think of this post. Now to figure out how to photograph it while also trying to fight the fish!

thats what cable releases are for :)

camera dangling,

set at its widest

manual focus set for about 10 feet

f14 or more for a deep DoF.

Hands on the rod

Cable release in your teeth.

Have it all planed out. Also plan on doing that for casting and surface strikes when out solo :)

Have a similiar idea for when Im top water for bass/musky out of my toon except I'll have a mini tripod on he stripping apron.

:)

Or you could call me and Ill come do it for you.

Lol.

J

I can see you've thought this through. :lol: Come on over! Had some great battles today but this gal put on quite a show.

IPB Image

Lol yeah, unfortunately.

Its almost (but not quite) impossible to do both.

What I should do is hire a guide. Imagine his surprise when I tell him its so *he* can fish while I tag along :)

Wish I could hop over, so many pinners fly are few and far between.

Openers Im either hittingheadwaters for Brookies or Tailwaters for Browns. Opportunity for Steel is starting to get thin.

Then I have t try to find bow hunters for turkey season and somehow squeeze in Walleye openers all just in time for Musky June 6th :)

Yeah there is never enough time. I'm hoping my new bow will get here soon so I can use it for turkey next month. Its suppose to be here in 2 weeks but we'll see.

I can't wait to see some spring turkey pics from you. I'm hoping for a gobbler fanned out in an early morning fog. I hope thats not too much to ask. ;)

Im hoping to do some scouting this weekend to locate some Toms and get some pics before the season. Then Im hoping I can find a hunter or two that will let me tag along so I an get pics of the hunt.

What bow did you get?

I got a 40pd Recurve for 3D shooting and a pair of Diamonds (liberty and edge) for my daughter and I

Diamond here too! My Black Ice should be here soon. Its been a long, drawn out process but hopefully it was worth the wait. The guys I've dealt with at Bowtech are friendly but I'm not so sure they know whats going on over there.

Well, I went to my local camera shop to try out the 24-70. The auto focus would not work, and it was the their only copy in the store. Bummer. I left with the 85 1.8. Very nice and a great price.

The 85 1.8 is a great lens, especially for the price when you consider the 85 f1.2 L is $2,000 before taxes (one day).

Its pretty versatile, a nice mid range focal and is fantastic in low light like indoor sports, nightime etc when you dont want to or cant use flash.

I love this lens. Amazing prime for its price. Not a bad build either. Yes, I don't plan spending $2000.00 ($1700.00 here) anytime soon. I'd probably get the 70-200 2.8 IS for that kind of money.