Fly Tying

If You see paul whillock

He never returned my e mail 2 weeks ago....... go figure. I sure would like my $2,000 paid in FULL book mailed out free of charge and not the $150.00 he's asking for shipping.

If you see him let him know i still think about it often.

Brent

Wicked......try contacting Dave Brandt ( I htink that is how you spell it) I am pretty sure they are good friends.Dave is in NY.......if I can find a number for him i'll pm ya

mike

Just kick paul in his nads for me. I'm not gonna get anyone else involved in shipping of the book. I'd love to shove a 2x4 up his shipping :devil:

I sure would like my $2,000 paid in FULL book mailed out free of charge and not the $150.00 he's asking for shipping.

You paid for one of the deluxe copies and never got it; that would truly hack me off!!! I looked at his books and ended up buying one of the working copies for much less.

Sorry you're having this problem. You certainly shouldn't having invested that much. Looks to me like he should hand deliver it!

Ray

I think that the master's book (or what ever he calls them) also come with one of his realistic flies???

Could it be that you are waiting on his time to actually tie it???

I know that he claims some of the "flies" he creates take up to 100hrs.

I just don't have that kind of money to buy one of his expensive books...I had to realy scrounge to buy one of his working books for $65 through a US distributor, but think it is one of the most informative i have ever seen on realistic patterns. I realy loved that it also had some alternatives that i can actually tie.

Maybe you just need some patience...for grasshopper. :ph34r:

But seriously...for 2grand he ought to show at your door the next day to deliver and take you fishin.

The Book and fly have been ready to ship for a year.( So he's had my money for almost 3 years.) Paul wants me to send another $150 for shipping costs. F that!

I had a bad storm up root the money tree out back which means no more free easy cash for me to pick and send. :lol:

Brent

Paul wants me to send another $150 for shipping costs.

That is ridiculous, but if I had $2,000.00 already invested, I'd bite the bullet and send the $150.00. As ridiculous as it is, I wouldn't lose a larger investment for a much smaller amount. Then, forget about the jerk; there is no reason to ruin a single day thinking or worrying about someone like this. One of these days, his acts will catch up with him.

Ray

Probably doesn't do anything to calm anyone down but emailed Paul and am awaiting reply.

Let's see. You bought a book for $2K (and custom realistic fly) that is in England.

In order to insure the shipment you have to declare a value. As soon as you declare a value both the USA an UK tax men are going to want a cut as well as the insurance company who may or may not have heard that some of his flies have been impounded and lost for violating laws on importing insects (even though they are not real). And you seem to think that you should be entitled to free shipping when he tells you it is ready to ship? What planet do you think you are on? I am sorry but i think that i am going to side with the sender. We all have to face things like this when we decide to acquire expensive luxury goods. I also have a craving for Kattana and Wakasashi swords...you think $150 shipping is bad, try all the tariffs and taxes on one of those! just to get the TBHK certification to allow export was $1200 back in 2001(and added extra months of waiting). And finding an insurer is almost impossible. You really need to look at the $150 as part of your investment and should have been looking at that from the day you chose to order.

I understand your anger from going through this on the only sword i ever got from Japan (after almost 8years i was making payments and waiting for it to be polished and remounted). If you can't accept it then don't do business with over-seas sellers. I have heard horror stories about people trying to save money buying exotic cars... it is never going to save you over getting the same car from a US sales source because they get breaks on the import fees that non-business people get hit with at 120% (exaggerating, but doesn't feel like it).

So again, try some patience and look at it from another way as you scrounge the $150. I think that even if he declared the shipment as a gift you are going to pay a bunch while risking him getting arrested and you a visit from the IRS....even taking that risk it would end up about $50-75...not worth it.

Take care and welcome to the world of the lower middle class trying to live like rich folk.

I was never told $150 for shipping. What's interest on $2,000 over 2 years? Paul comes over to States for the Summerset show. If He gave a crap he'd get it here. $50 for shipping is with in reason,$150 is sick!

I haven't had a extra $150 in the last year so scrounging could take awhile.

What really gets me Paul raffled off 2 of the $650-$750 books that did not sell at $50 a ticket and free shipping on the realisticflytying forum.

Brent

You may want to find out if there are abandoned property laws in England. In some states in this country, cash deposits can be lost if left on the sellers books too long. You could lose all of your $2,000 if you don't accept delivery within a reasonable period of time. It would be a shame to lose all that time and money over shipping charges.

Brent as much as I think its crazy to drop $2000 on a book (but to each his own) And I think if paul didnt tell you up front it was $150 shipping which he ethier should have or not charge you $150 if he didnt make that clear....I have to agree with Paul (troutbum). The last thing you want to do is lose all $2000 to this guy. Baorrow the $150 if you have to but pay it and get the book so you arent out your entire money.

You dont want to lose $2000 over $150 know what I mean bud.

Steve

:angry: :angry: Brent

You should get a happy ending along with the book and fly for 2k!!!!! If he failed to tell you about the 150 up front, then he should make good. You appease this beauty and others down the road will pay for it also. The world of salmon tiers isn't that big and if you put the screws to one ,you screw all of us. I wonder if he writes off his trips to Somerset. Two grand could have bought you a nice set of Rare and Unusual which might have a better investment value!! Look at the way Paul and Ingrid's names are on a wall of shame,,, maybe his name needs to be up there also. As for cowering in the closet wondering if th IRS is going to come knocking for their cut of 150, leave that to the junior samurai. Send him an e-mail in German and if he doesn't understand it maybe he can ask himself why he doesn't speak it.

OH WELL.. OFF TO ANGER MANAGMENT

Rog