Fly Tying
Ashby

Coyote pup

We were driving off base today when we saw this little coyote right on the side of the road. I of course ripped the car to the side and got my camera out. I spent about 15 or so minutes with this guy taking pictures, blocking the road when he decided to cross twice. Mom coyote was over in the trees laying low, but making sure I wasn't hurting her baby. I kept my eye on her, or in her direction the whole time to make sure she didn't charge me. Finally the pup decided it was time to cross the road again, and back to mom. So I stood in the middle of the road again while he made his way across and back to mom. He was just to pretty to pass up.

Ashby

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cute pup and great pics. I love the color! Did you knock him down for the dubbin? Around here theya re horrible pests.

Great photos. I love these little guys. Down here they are our last wild canine species left with the red wolf gone.

Great job Ashby..Looks as though you had some great light..

Thanks guys! I do love watching these guys. If you ever get to watch the pack on a hunt, boy that is a treat. Now I just need to catch it on the camera. As for the light Andrew, it was perfect yesterday. Not a lot of smoke around as you can see from the photos. All of the Coyotes on base and around the area look pretty scruffy, makes you want to take a brush to all of them. They are really cool animals especially at night when all of them are talking back and forth. We have about 100 or so her on base, just unreal.

Ashby

Ashby, I once had the chance to hunt with them so to speak.Me and my two bird dogs were working a covey of quail in a large open messa when I spotted the coyotes working the same covey from the other direction.Bad day to be a quail.

All are nice shots, but #3 really grabs me. I like the side light on the face and yet there is still a lot of detail in the shadows along the body.