Fly Tying
sniksoh

if you know computers please help!!!

alright heres the deal. my sound will not work at all on internet explorer! it will work on every thing else but internet explorer.

i have check other sites to see if i could find anything...i didnt

yes, i have flash installed and i reinstalled it many times

yes, i have java installed

yes, i checked my sound settings..nothing is muted.

yes, i went under internet options>advanced>media>and made sure "play sound on web pages" is checked.

yes, my computer updates its self so its updated

NOTHING WORKS!!!

what is going on i am very frustrated

sound works on EVERYTHING but internet explorer...

please help. :(

thanks,

sniksoh

p.s. cold weather is coming around and its good to be posting again.

Don't know if this will work, but try this:

Open Internet Explorer

Choose Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab>Play Sounds in Web Pages

Make sure that the check box in the "Play Sounds in Web Pages" is checked. You will have to scroll down to the Multimedia section.

Good Luck.

If you've done all that and restarted to make sure your changes were applied (you restarted right?) then I'd say if its only happening in IE try reinstalling IE. If that doesnt help then try reinstalling your vid/sound card. Could also try reseting to a earlier date to see if that helps if its just started happening.

yes i did restart. and yes i installed IE. i had IE 7 and i intalled IE 8. still didnt work. how do i reinstall my vid/sound card? and how do i reset to an earlier date?

I'm gonna guess your probably running XP? if so then try resetting to an earlier date before you mess with uninstalling and reinstalling the hardware.

To reset to an earlier date-

1- Click Start

2- Click programs

3- Click accesories

4- Goto system tools

5- Click on system restore

Then just follow the steps they give you. Its very easy to do and completely reversable and wont hardm anything.

Try that first and see if that fixs the prob.

Steve

I honestly doubt its gonna be the sound card because normally if theres a problem with the sound card then you have no sound on any site or for any action on your computer, but you've tried everything else so theres not a whole lot left. And sometimes weird things happen, I had a video card that would cause my computer to go to a BSOD and reboot every 3rd video I played....why every 3rd video I have no idea, just one of them weird things. So its doesnt hurt to try reinstalling of your sound card.

Forst thing you need is the setup disc (driver) that came with your computer. Do you have that, or at least know what sound card you have installed? if you dont have the disc but know what card is in your computer then you can download the driver from the manufactures website for it.

See if you have the driver disc, or know what card is in your machine.......

On the subject of computers

About 3wks ago when I open this site the format is all the way across the screen ,I have to scroll across

to see everything ,before I could see screen without doing that ,anybody else having the same problem?

Works fine on every other site

I had same prob. I had a bug thuogh and had to replace my hard drive. but glad it happened though couse now I have 10 times the hd space and cpu is much faster. the bug was so hidden that avg,norton, and spybot couldnt find it. so maybe thats the prob.

I honestly doubt its gonna be the sound card because normally if theres a problem with the sound card then you have no sound on any site or for any action on your computer, but you've tried everything else so theres not a whole lot left. And sometimes weird things happen, I had a video card that would cause my computer to go to a BSOD and reboot every 3rd video I played....why every 3rd video I have no idea, just one of them weird things. So its doesnt hurt to try reinstalling of your sound card.

Forst thing you need is the setup disc (driver) that came with your computer. Do you have that, or at least know what sound card you have installed? if you dont have the disc but know what card is in your computer then you can download the driver from the manufactures website for it.

See if you have the driver disc, or know what card is in your machine.......

my computer was origanaly 98 and i bought a disc to ugrade it to XP...i have that disc but i think thats the only disk i have...and i know nothing about drivers.

Sounds to me like you have contracted a computer virus. If your sound is working everywhere else but internet explorer, something has corrupted internet explorer. If re-installing IE does not work, then you have a virus, and will need to get an up-to-date anti-virus program to remove it for you.

If you had the driver for the sound card then I would say to reinstall it just to make sure, but since you dont then it would be hard to find what you have installed now. And I'm really thinking as Hardyhead said...you may have a virus thats messing with the sound in your browser.

You can try downloading a virus detector and run a scan and see what comes up. I use the free version of AVG for my system. Click the download link here and install it, then restart and run a scan on your whole system http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Fre...4-10320142.html

Also...and I know you probably know this. If your machin is a 98 then your would REALLY benifit from getting a new system if its in your budget. I just upgraded to a brand new system this year after running a 2001 machine for 6 yrs and the difference in speed, as well as just everything else is just amazing.

OK, I've had enough!

Stop using IE! :P

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

I use the portable version, I can copy it onto a memory stick and move it to home, to work, to my parents house, and it's all the same. I have my add ons, my links, my everything (cue the sappy love song)...... :wub:

No offense Mike, but I'd have to disagree with firefox. I use IE6 myself and feel its the best out there.

Fire fox for some reason has all these supporters, but when it get right down to it...fire fox is no better than IE6 at all. I actually have IE6 and fire fox on my system and always use IE6 for my browsing.

http://home.comcast.net/~SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html