Fly Tying
SteveGibson

Gibby's Skitterbug

Ah, cool and original, how does it fish?

Great tie.

Regards Claudia

Like almost all fly patterns, it has been done before. I hate it when that happens. :wallbash:

Say WHAT??? i think i some how stroke this kitten the wrong way.... :scared:

Sorry for bringing You to a boiling point :jumpy:

But im more sorry to SteveGibson for letting this pollute a realy nice tropic/pattern :cry: .

Claudia :nono:

LOL, I wasn't criticizing anyone. I was just stating it isn't completely original. He even said so himself. I've seen this pattern on southeastflyfishingforum.com twice. Why would I be upset about a pattern not being original? Sorry if I came over the wrong way. Like I said, I hate it when you find out that pattern you invented has been tied before.....

Great tie.

Regards Claudia

Like almost all fly patterns, it has been done before. I hate it when that happens. :wallbash:

But im more sorry to SteveGibson for letting this pollute a realy nice tropic/pattern :cry: .

Thanks for the support, Claudia. But don't feel sorry for me. I did nothing wrong. I'd never ever seen a fly like the Skitterbug. If it has been done before, then I apologize. Lefty Kreh told me one time when we were fishing that every fly is nothing more than a variation on the same theme.

I'm not sure what the purpose is of fishingbub's post? He could show us the "original" in a pic!

LOL, I wasn't criticizing anyone. I was just stating it isn't completely original. He even said so himself. I've seen this pattern on southeastflyfishingforum.com twice. Why would I be upset about a pattern not being original? Sorry if I came over the wrong way. Like I said, I hate it when you find out that pattern you invented has been tied before.....

By claiming the pattern wasn't original is an implication that I copied it. Also you said I said so myself. I missed that one. Show us a pic of the original, please.

Great tie.

Regards Claudia

Thanks for the support, Claudia. But don't feel sorry for me. I did nothing wrong. I'd never ever seen a fly like the Skitterbug. If it has been done before, then I apologize. Lefty Kreh told me one time when we were fishing that every fly is nothing more than a variation on the same theme.

I'm not sure what the purpose is of fishingbub's post? He could show us the "original" in a pic!

Jup, cant agree more on that one.

Id bee copying this one, i will probably throw in some anglehair and more flash to make it into a scandinavian version :rolleyes: ... i will call it Gibson's :headbang: .

I think it will work great on that old pike :devil:

Claudia

To me there's no shame in copying this or any other fly. In fact if someone wanted to copy something I tied I think I would take it as a compliment. I hope that you take it as a compliment SteveGibson because it was not meant any other way from me. Call me crazy, but if you show me a fly that works I'm going to do my best to copy/mimic it the best I can.

Take care,

Terry

Great tie.

Regards Claudia

This is the first time I have ever seen the pattern, doesn't mean it's the original though. It could even be you that posted it in this link.

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/fo...ight=skitterbug

I must have saw something that wasn't there. (the "he said so himself", I could have sworn I saw it before I posted that but I guess I didn't. I appologize for putting words in your mouth.) I did not mean to offend anyone with my original post or my second post. I apologize if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to imply that you copied it. I was just informing that it isn't a true original. If I had known it would offended you I wouldn't have done it. It is a sweet fly. Shows alot of creativity and tying skill. Once again I appologize for offended you guys.

fishinbub

thank You for appologizing, im sorry to. maby all this just was a stupid misunderstanding. glad we sorted it out now.

Claudia :)

thanks.bmp

By the way. I plan to tie up a few of these bugs. What's the best retrieve when fishing them?

Great tie.

Regards Claudia

This is the first time I have ever seen the pattern, doesn't mean it's the original though. It could even be you that posted it in this link.

I must have saw something that wasn't there. (the "he said so himself", I could have sworn I saw it before I posted that but I guess I didn't. I appologize for putting words in your mouth.) I did not mean to offend anyone with my original post or my second post. I apologize if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to imply that you copied it. I was just informing that it isn't a true original. If I had known it would offended you I wouldn't have done it. It is a sweet fly. Shows alot of creativity and tying skill. Once again I appologize for offended you guys.

The link is my fly that I posted on southeastflyfishing last spring. Wow! I copied my own fly.

Great tie.

Regards Claudia

The link is my fly that I posted on southeastflyfishing last spring. Wow! I copied my own fly.

Sorry about that. Thanks for posting, here and one SEFFF. I was not aware (until your most recent post) that it was your thread on SEFFF. I didn't mean that you copied it. I "invent" patterns all the time only to find out they have been done before. It's not copying, but it's not original. I was just implying that maybe this had happend ere with this pattern. It is obvious now that it is a conpletely original fly. Great tie.

Steve, I'm just curious, but what's the largest size hook you've used for it? Looks like it would be a great smallmouth fly too!

You can tie the fly on bigger hooks. You would just increase your materials proportionatley. I would think you could tie on a No. 6 or 8 hook with no problem.