Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

One feather contest

one feather contest  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Congratulations Isonychia! :yahoo: Thanks for organizing Fred! :yahoo:

It's been an honor to take part in the contest. That are some insane tying skills and creativity you people showed.

Yes, congratulations to Isonychia, I especially liked how you tied the throat. very very cleanly tied. I also thought Dustin, Claudia, and Firetiger’s flys were especially creative and very well tied. How Dustin kept the thread so cleanly flat on the body was very difficult indeed. Firetiger's ribbing over the peacock was very well executed. Claudia's creativity was very fun to see.

I really had fun, as this was an out of the box concept. Thanks Fred.

Everyone that posted and especially the finalists, well done!!!!

Cheers Futzer.

Congratulations Isonychia, a very well tied fly, but so are all of yours. Futzer, the only ribbing I saw over peacock was fly #2. That was the the tying thread tag which I left pretty long as I tied in. After tying in the peacock, I made a dubbing loop with the tying thread, and picked up the tag, and wapped all three as one for the rib. I was lucky the way the fly came togeather, I only did the one, which I gave away to a co-worker the other day.

Every fly tied in this challange was a beaut. I am glad to see all the flies recieved some votes.

Now for a prize, I think the winner should get to come up with a new challange.

Happy Holidays all, I'm off for the rest of the year. Heading away for a week, and most likely won't be on the board.

Thanks to all who voted for my fly, and thanks to all who entered!!! This was definitely a fun exercise in tying, and it was a hoot to see how creative everyone could be.

Utyer, thanks for the explanation on how your fly was tied. Frankly, it's the one I voted for. I love the look, and plan to tie a few to toss at the local trout this spring.

John

Congratulations Isonychia, a very well tied fly, but so are all of yours. Futzer, the only ribbing I saw over peacock was fly #2. That was the the tying thread tag which I left pretty long as I tied in. After tying in the peacock, I made a dubbing loop with the tying thread, and picked up the tag, and wapped all three as one for the rib. I was lucky the way the fly came togeather, I only did the one, which I gave away to a co-worker the other day.

Every fly tied in this challange was a beaut. I am glad to see all the flies recieved some votes.

Now for a prize, I think the winner should get to come up with a new challange.

Happy Holidays all, I'm off for the rest of the year. Heading away for a week, and most likely won't be on the board.

You are right, I had my tyers mixed up, sorry, Jeff

The yellow ribbing on fly #2 is exactly what I meant by insane tying skills. Mine was a different one, not so inventinve. :(

The yellow ribbing on fly #2 is exactly what I meant by insane tying skills. Mine was a different one, not so inventinve. :(

Hey Firetiger, I meant no disrespect as all the flies were very good, I just made a brain swap. Glad you competed, and your fly was great.

Cheers, Jeff

Futzer,

Fly#2 was mine. I made the rib from three strands of 6/0 thread. I started by leaving the tag end very long as I tied on. Then after tying in the tails, and the herl, I made a dubbing loop with the thread. After wrapping the herl, I then took the tag piece and the dubbing loop and twisted them into a single strand to make the rib.