Fly Tying
Micke

More fly swaps

I think, if it Was a swap, people would join in by the second.

i cant host yet, as i havent been in three swaps.

Brain storming in dk... I think if the swap member takes a photo of there flies and donation and post picture, then the swap master can deside ho made the best as he is the one that have all the flies up in person. the one that made the best, wins the donation. the rest get swap flies as normal, its a win win situation...

Ho's hosting this one?

C

Ok thanks for tell ing about the #1#2#3 thing..

I would like to get in if we do it but i would need to..

how many

due date

what is type of extra stuff would be ok and so on.

and how many extra flies to tie..

Well, the "Go-To" fly swap has filled up, but it looks like there are people who didn't get in. Any ideas for the next fly swap? I like the format of the Secret Santa Swap, where you tie a small assortment of flies rather than 12 of the same. Any ideas, anyone?

I'm done tying for the 'go to', so I'm ready for the next. How about tree catchers? meaning the flies you grab when you are in tight casting conditions and its a quick tie (someone can define quick) so you don't feel bad when you catch the tree on your backcast.

I'm done tying for the 'go to', so I'm ready for the next. How about tree catchers? meaning the flies you grab when you are in tight casting conditions and its a quick tie (someone can define quick) so you don't feel bad when you catch the tree on your backcast.

Wow you finished those flies quick! I don't know about you, but I feel pretty bad when I lose any fly, especially one that someone else tied!

Me finishing those flies fast is more of an indication of free time vs tying skills.. so don't be fooled :bugeyes:

I actually keep all my swap flies in a big plastic shoe box and I have over 10 years worth, I typically use them for reference and its cool to go through it once in a while.... I'll just copy one I want to use rather then using the original.

In regards to losing flies, I have found that I missed too many good spots by being afraid to cast and maybe losing the fly. So I have some quick easy flies with less exotic material, that I can then take more of a casting chance in a tight spot... Now my biggest fear is having to tie on more tippet material mid stream. The flies range from pt nymphs to parachute dries, etc.

Well, the "Go-To" fly swap has filled up, but it looks like there are people who didn't get in. Any ideas for the next fly swap? I like the format of the Secret Santa Swap, where you tie a small assortment of flies rather than 12 of the same. Any ideas, anyone?

New to forum so I'm not sure if these ideas are old hat, but here are a few that I thought would be cool

Rough Water Dry

Hopper, copper, dropper combo

All waters sync fly (any type or water fly) (all synthetic materials required)

In the Film Emerger

Streamside Envy (Tie that fly that anglers on the stream envy, eyeball or enquire about from your box)(or one that you envy)

I just hope my flys can stand up to all the wonderful artists on this board. I've only been tying since Christmas '07 but I'm pretty pleased with them so far and they certainly catch fish.

New to forum so I'm not sure if these ideas are old hat, but here are a few that I thought would be cool

Rough Water Dry

Hopper, copper, dropper combo

All waters sync fly (any type or water fly) (all synthetic materials required)

In the Film Emerger

Streamside Envy (Tie that fly that anglers on the stream envy, eyeball or enquire about from your box)(or one that you envy)

I just hope my flys can stand up to all the wonderful artists on this board. I've only been tying since Christmas '07 but I'm pretty pleased with them so far and they certainly catch fish.

Definitely some great ideas you have! It seems like the more specific the swaps get, the harder it is to fill them up. I'd be interested to see what everyone else thinks and comes up with for ideas!

Fished the same copper, dropper pattern all day today 10-1pm. #14 chartreuse copper john and a #16 olive floss hen soft hackle. Got four up until noon with three bows and one brookie. nicest bow was probably 14". Two on each fly too. Will try to post tandem later.

Fished the same copper, dropper pattern all day today 10-1pm. #14 chartreuse copper john and a #16 olive floss hen soft hackle. Got four up until noon with three bows and one brookie. nicest bow was probably 14". Two on each fly too. Will try to post tandem later.

where did you fish that rig?

where did you fish that rig?

Bit south of you :whistle: