Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
E. Oregon Midge

What dose everbody listen to when tying

It all depends on what I'm tying... I have 50 GB of music, so there's a song for every mood

For big nasty Pike and Muskie flies I want heavy. Aggressive fish, aggressive flies... aggressive music - Metallica, Mute Math, Blindside, Rage Against The Machine etc.

On the opposite end of the scale, when I'm tying mid sized dries (14, 16 18) I like to slow it down - Cowboys and Indians, David Gray, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens

Bass flies get me a little giddy... tying craws, Clousers and poppers remind me of hot summer days and warm summer nuights. I need fun, up beat music for that - 311, Jack Johnson, Bedouin Soundclash

Steelheading can be epic... extreme elements, extreme locations extreme fish. When tying for a potentially epic adventure I need complex music with layers - Incubus, Supertramp, Angels and Airwaves, TSO

Tricos and midges are a chore! I need to remain calm and focused. Vivaldi, Mozart and Pachabel help me with that.

When tying flies for the flats, I want to feel like I'm on the flats... turn up the heat and turn on Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley

There are many more flies each with their own moods... if I shared them all with you, you would all think I had OCD or some other mental health issue

In all honesty, the only "music" I cannot tolerate is rap and hiphop. Anything else I can get some enjoyment from. If you really want to make me happy, put on some classic and or oldies rock....what can I say...I'm old!!!

When I am tying I like to listen to classical Ildivo,Mozart, Bach.

I also like instrumental stuff like Mike Oldfield , Jean Michael Jarre I find this helps me concentrate on what i am doing

LED ZEPPELIN :headbang: :headbang:

the doors

jimmy buffet

the eagles

supertramp

fleetwoodmac

dispatch

etc.

etc.

classic rock mostly

Stevie Ray Vaughn.. Muddy Waters.. Leadbelly...Buddy Guy...Most the time.. when i wanna get creative then Enigma's lissem.. kinda Pink Floyd meets techno...and of course Pink Floyd and ZZ Top!!

Bob Seger said it best with "I like that old time ROCK & ROLL... that kinda music just soothes the soul....I reminisce about the days of old; with that old time ROCK & ROLL...." :rockon: :cheers: :smoke: :drunk: :sick: :rockon: :yahoo: :thumbup:

Sorry 'bout all the emoticons... I just got caught up in one of those late 70's early 80's concert flashbacks!

Jerome

For tying i like Pink-Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Jethro Tull, Hendrix...The mellower old rock.

I save the heavy metal for when i am shootin pool or racing.

I also like the mellow stuff when building engines or doing the fine work in the garage and the metal for body work, welding or the grunt labor.

You might like this Vette i am building, http://todd-vette.tripod.com/mycarpics/

Jerry, Phil, Bob, Mickey, Pig Pen...you know...a little of everything :headbang:

nice to see a few other heads around here.

I have my mp3 player hooked up to speakers, usually it is cranking out the dead, ratdog, JGB, dylan, or LoM/Reconstruction. I would listen to a hockey game if it was on the radio up here, but I probably wouldn't get much tying in ;)

I have a radio over in my shop and there is a classic rock station up here that plays the best old time rock and roll

led zep,Jethro tull,skynyrd etc etc. its kind of a miracle cause even with my home made antennae its the only station I get on that radio I dont know what I would do without it.

Most of the time I'm jamming the Megadeth Anthology set the world afire cd's. 30 kick azz songs!

Audioslave inbetween.

Lots of Kid Rock on hand also.

Amy Winehouse If I'm in the mood.

Lots of old school cd's on hand Kiss,Cinderlla,Ratt,Warrant,Primus,Rage,G&R,Dokken,LaGuns,Skidrow,Pantera,I.C.P,Metallica "garage days,ride the lighting,master of puppets and kill em all" The sell outs sucked after that.

Brent