Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dnthmn

Tell Your Neighbours where to go Swap...Revised!!

Alright!!! We're almost half full now!!

Thanks for joining everyone :punk: you rock!!!

I'm new and would love to enter, even being Canadian with ? postage. Is there a place I can read the rules in full?

I'm in! (with Elk Hair)

Must use Deer Hair.

Horsehoes the Rules are here, more good information in the 'Pinned' section here.

Welcome aboard Houndog!!!

Horseshoes are you new to tying or just new to the board. Welcome either way. I have no issues with you participating, however I have recently seen a post or two indicating that participant require a minimum number of posts before being eligible. I searched the rules to double check and I either can't see the forrest through the trees or this other poster made up a rule preventing them from participating. If anyone knows if there is a swap participant post quota and can send me in the right direction to reference the rule it would be appreciated. I'm just a little confused right now. Once I get clarification then you're in, if eligible.

Cheers.

Thanks Dnthmn,

I am new to both and I am trying to understand about the swapping. I am researching and if I am too inexperienced in post #'s then I won't be insulted. I'll probably have it figured it out by then.

Horseshoes, how's your deer hair abilities? You're in!

The other thread that I saw the posts in ended up clarifying for me.

If you think that deer Hair might be out of your league being a beginner let me know and we can work something out.

Thanks. I have just tried my first deer yesterday. Pathetic but here it is.

post-15490-1231252992_thumb.jpg post-15490-1231253023_thumb.jpg

Now don't be laughing too much. Wheres the hair you say? This is suppose to be a dabbler/muddler. I know I didn't put enough hair on and I'm not sure about the proportions, but heh, it is my first. You got some comments, I would love any hints available.

Okay I'm in!!!!!!yeah............

Next: Use copper wire

Update

I have contacted the Canadian Postal and the IRC are for letters only. 15cm x 24cm and a thickness of 5mm, so I will keep my word and send my flies to the swap ( once you confirm the amount and address) and you can give my swap mix to someone who has more than their fishing lines tight right now. If you get my drift. I'll have fun attempting to learn something new and we can put a smile on someone's face. Whaddya say ? Sounds like a plan to me.

Horseshoes..glad you're excited to be in...I just woke up about a little while ago and responded to you PM's. From my perspective the IRC's are not worth the trouble if you use Canada Post. We are both canucks so you have the option of sending stamps, money order, cheque or shhh...even cash!! for the return postage.

As for help with the deer hair spinning, there are some guys around here that are just awesome at it. I am sure a post in beginners corner will get a bunch of responses. If you don't want to wait for a response try searcvhing the topic first I know that there is a ton of info on the site. I honestly suck at spinning deer hair so I am unable to offer any real advice. I've been hoping to correct that this winter through the mentoring program at the local fly fishing club but haven't been able to make tying night due to my work schedule.