Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
j74snook

baitfish swap

Sounds good to me. I'd be up for taking a duplicate from another tyer rather than getting my own back.

OK it was like Xmas again today. Got 3 sets of fantastic live baits without the water from mouse, fcflyguy and mdntn. Thanks for the extras guys. Mouse thanks for the tube flies. Those got me wanting to buy the setup to make some myself. Today is the due date and I have not heard from airdale?? I did pm him tonight and if I dont hear from him by tomorrow I will ship out on wed. and swap the extra fly with another in the swap so you will get two from a tyer unless you want your own back. let me know.

You don't really need a tube set up...there are articles on how to secure a tube with just a cut off hook. However, the jig that you put in your regular vise works really well. I'm glad they made it...

I'm so sorry guys. I completely forgot about this swap. I will try to get my flies out by the end of the week. Again, I am SO Sorry.

I have heard from airdale. It seems that he signed up around the time of the problems he had and with all the chaos he forgot about the swap. Its understandable. He said he will have them sent to me by thur or friday. By your alls responses it was 10 to 1 on waiting for him. I will make it my new rule for now on when I host a swap and make it perfectly clear at sign up that any swapper not in by the due date without a good excuse will be exempt from that swap and the extras will be randomly distrubuted to other swappers so that you will not receive one of your own back. Thanks to all that have swapped on time and next swap will be no hassles. Thanks j74snook

By your alls responses

Hey man - I was born in Tampa but my family move north when I was young so I do consider myself a yankee, but I'm pretty sure the plural of Y'all is All Y'all

Sorry I couldn't resist, I work with too many rebels.

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

My flies are pretty half assed right now :wallbash: , and I am so sorry. I agree with you, that rule sounds like a good idea. Again, I am SO SORRY! :wallbash:

By your alls responses

Hey man - I was born in Tampa but my family move north when I was young so I do consider myself a yankee, but I'm pretty sure the plural of Y'all is All Y'all

Sorry I couldn't resist, I work with too many rebels.

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Watch it salty. I don't want to have to round up my posse. j/k I catch hell over it all the time.

Flies are done. I did a "Thunder Creek Shiner Variant" using Congo Hair instead of Bucktail. Turned out ok. Flies should be out tomorrow.

Flies have been sent. I'm sorry for holding things up, and I'm also sorry for my halfassed flies. They should catch fish, though.

Guest rich mc

i like thunder creek style flies and havent seen congo hair, so its worth waiting for. rich

Ok yall I got airdales flies and sorted out everyones packages and they are going out this morning. I want to thank all of you for joining and to those for all the extras. Now on the other hand, my dad is real sick with ocpd and it doesn't look good this time so I will be takeing some time off for a while. Hopefuly I can quit smoking cause seeing it first hand makes a person realize just how bad it is. When you hear of just random people with the ocpd it doesnt hit home like when its a family member and you dont take it seriosly. Sorry I just needed to vent a minute. Anyways thanks again for the great swap. j74snook