Fly Tying

2008 FTOTY - Let the Voting Begin!!

After more than a month of photographing and putting everything together for the contest I am excited to say that we are ready for the first round of voting for the 2008 FTOTY Contest. I believe that we have a great group of flies of flies this year. We had 441 flies from 88 different members which is one of the best turnouts for the FTOTY Contest ever.

What makes this contest unique is the fact that it is judged by the participants peers and not a panel of "experts". With that said it is up to each one of you to decide on what qualities make the best fly in each category. You may vote once per category and the software is designed so that the participants cannot vote for themselves. Voting is done in secret so nobody except for myself will ever know who voted for which fly. Also the total number of votes for each fly will not be revealed...

The winner of each category will move onto a 2nd round of voting and the winner of that round will be declared the 2008 Fly Tyer of the Year and will be awarded the custom bamboo rod built by Chris Carlin.

I appreciate everyone who participated in this year's event. Without you this contest is not possible. Best of luck to all of you.

The deadline for voting will be February 16th 9:00 PM EST. At that time I will tally the voting...

Take your time voting and have fun :yahoo:

You must be logged into FTF before the voting system will allow you to vote.

Click the following link to enter the voting booth: http://www.flytyingforum.com/?act=special&...ge=contest_vote

just got through voting!WOW,allot of beautiful flies.Good luck to all and thanks will 4 ure hard work.

shane

The number and the quality of entries this year are both impressive. Well done, everyone! And thank you, Will, for the work and dedication you put into bringing us this contest!

John

Excellent work Will, and all the tyers, tough to pick a stand out. Cheers, Futzer.

That was the most unfair voting i have ever done. I needed to pick 7 or 8 from each to make it fair. You guys are amazing. Thanks for the pleasure to see the explosion of talent in here. Will you are the man!!

I'm a bit sad since mine aren't up there. IDK if they never got there, or if it is because of the stupidity of my family member in that online scam, but I am really bummed... :( But to all of you up there, good luck! :D

Oh wait, I just read the info on it. Do your own flies disappear, so you can't vote for yourself? I hope so, so I still have a chance. Good luck.

WOW!! Lot's o' talent in this here forum... and a super job photographing them all Mr. Mullis. I definitely don't see any losers in the bunch, just one quality fly after another...congrats to you all! :thumbup:

WOW I just got done with the voting. What a great bunch of outstanding flies in this contest. Every category was a challenge for an old guy like me. SmallieHunter you have done a great job on this contest. :thumbup: