Fly Tying
Peterjay

I Give Up!!!!

A friend of mine had a squirrel in his feeder a few weeks ago. He didn't realize it until he was on the top of a step-ladder, at night, and opened the lid to put in more birdseed. The frights the two of them got from each other were pretty comparable, but my buddy was worse off than the squirrel in the end, what with his torn up face and everything. At least he didn't fall off the ladder. But the next day he looked like he'd been juggling kitchen knives.

The sting to his ego was probably worst of all. Funny how much less sympathy you get when you're shredded by a squirrel than if, say, a wild dog had done the same thing to you...

-Shawn

A friend of mine had a squirrel in his feeder a few weeks ago. He didn't realize it until he was on the top of a step-ladder, at night, and opened the lid to put in more birdseed. The frights the two of them got from each other were pretty comparable, but my buddy was worse off than the squirrel in the end, what with his torn up face and everything. At least he didn't fall off the ladder. But the next day he looked like he'd been juggling kitchen knives.

The sting to his ego was probably worst of all. Funny how much less sympathy you get when you're shredded by a squirrel than if, say, a wild dog had done the same thing to you...

-Shawn

Must have been a relative of the squirrel I left a picture of a few posts ago :)

Aside from the fact that electrocuting small animals is a sure way to wind up in front of a judge, (taking game animals out of season, illegal methods, and animal cruelty at the very least) it's also one of the diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality disorder. It'd be just my luck to have a neighbor who enjoys reading his DSM IV and has the local game warden on speed dial. I drove a cab for five years, and the only "persuader" I carried was a socket wrench I kept under the front seat. (it came in handy a few times) My main deterrent was the fact that I'm at least as crazy as any potential robber and that I happen to look like a member of Hell's Angels. My boss said I held the world record for throwing lowlifes out of my cab. Good way to work out hostility and make some money at the same time. I've considered going back part-time, but the thought of getting up at 4 AM makes my stomach churn.

I've been known to throw a few out on the side of the road. It helps that I studied 4 different styles of kung Fu. I started carrying Pepper Sparay and a stun gun after a crack head threatened to kill me and bury me in his garden. A lot of the other drivers just carry guns. Some areas are worse than others as far as being dangerous. Pottstown isn't a real big city and I feel it's safer than driving in a city such as Philadelphia. Even so, I've heard gun shots as many as 3 times in one week while driving around at night in the summer. Once upon a time I was full time and driving 7 days a week. Then I went to part time on Saturdays for extra money when I started another job. I haven't driven since Christmas. January is pretty slow. I don't know if I'll go back or not. I guess it depends if I get laid off from my other job or not. I drove 3 1/2 years myself. Just for the record, I've never electrocuted any squirrels. But, there were a few videos on Youtube that were a little too graphic for the FlyTyingforum. It seems there are at least a few people who could care less about the local game warden. One video showed a squirrel inside a feeder getting shot with what looked like a dart from a crossbow pistol. Hmm, well that was the end of that squirrel problem. Anyway, I thought some of the videos were at least humorous. Good luck with solving the problem.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Hilarious - I think a combination license would cover it, though I'm not sure about bag limits. Looks like a good way to test out the new guides I put on my 12-weight. (I'd probably recommend a 5-weight for chipmunks and meadow voles) A shock tippet of picture hanging wire might also improve one's chance of success. BTW, that announcer is well on his way to the Lunatics' Hall of Fame. If that guy ever starts doing Red Sox games, I'm going over to the Baltimore Orioles. He should probably give some thought to switching to decaf.

You know....... I was thinking. Maybe there's something to that anti social personality disorder thing. Because after watching that squirrel fishing video I couldn't help but think that there's something that's just not quite right about lifting a squirrel off the ground and letting him dangle by his nuts.