Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CoachBob

Can this be fun?

Satchmo, at bennet springs (thats where that picture was takin) they would be more like... bucerty smuckerty bill you gotem now reel em in real nicen nope no slow down whatd ya catchem on big ole rooster spinner looky dere that ole boy got him one on a powerbait egg. hey powerbait man give me a couple of those i wanna see if i can catch me one of dem perch downere

Yea of course I jest though, I certainly don't look down on spin fishing, its how I learned to love fishing. But I suppose after falling in love with fly fishing pictures like that remind me of how, like the post says, can this be fun? I think one of the best parts of fly fishing is tryin, at times, to distance yourself from a pile of know fish to find that lone fish.

I remember one fishing trip with a couple of friends and my brother. We were the only four people on the river when Trout season officially started at 8:00am. within 15 minutes people were lining the bank. Not even a minute into hooking a rather small bass, the hole I was fishing was filled with 20 to 30 lines. Mind you I was standing in the river when hooks, lures and fly came buzzing by me. New Jersey can have some of the rudest and careless sportsman. At that point we called it a day, went to the local fire department for a pancake breakfast special they were having.

never seen anything like it. we don't see anything like that around here, and dont want too. that is definitely not fun.