Fly Tying
Guest Big E

Woven Swap

Guest Big E

Rcvd some sweet Steelhead Hammers from Bruce. These will be great for when I move to the PNW. Thanks for the extras.

Finally made it into the post office today and express shipped the flies this morning. Thanks for hosting.

Rcvd flies from jacktjl. Nice ones! What materials did you use for the body and what weave did you use?

Thanks for the extras!

Big E below is the pattern.

Weave -overhand or granny weave = black and olive yarn with a clear stretch cord overwrap

Tail - turkey biots

wing case - straw dyed dark

hackle - partridge

Bead Head - Brass or gold

Thread #8

Dubbing - Dark Brown Llama wool for thorax.

The clear stretch cord kind of obscured the weave but hopefully will come alive in the water.

Thanks for hosting Big Eric.

Tim

I am mailing them this morning on my way to work. Sorry to be sending them out so late, I just couldn't get to the vice. I included a few extras for the SM. Thanks for hosting!

Guest Big E

Sounds good. We've had another blizzard blow in and have been house bound for three days. Don't even think the mail has been delivered as all the roads are shut. Its stopped snowing now and everyone is clearing up but we have another storm coming in tomorrow and Sat.

Big E I am in Denver and I just want to say PLEASE stop sending us your weather. A couple of weeks ago it was 75 degrees. :)

Hope my flies get there soon.

'

C

Guest Big E

Yeah no doubt. It was 80 degrees last Sun and then it dropped down to 17 degrees and dumped a buttload of snow. I had 2 foot snow piles up in my attic from the snow coming in the vents. Needless to say I have some ceiling drywall work to do. We've got about 10 foot drifts right now.

It really sucks to be shovelling 2 feet of snow out of the driveway and then looking at the weather to see that Seattle has 50+ degree weather.

I can't wait to move!

Guest Big E

Got flies from Dezod today....excellent tie as always. Thanks for the extras.

Guest Big E

Rcvd super ties from Dnthman and Student4evr today. Thanks guys.

I'll be mailing out the flies Monday with or without the last set. Pictures forthcoming on Sunday.

Thanks everyone.

Guest Big E

Rcvd the last set of flies today. WooHoo.

This has turned out to be a really nice swap with some interesting patterns/weaves. I'll get the pics up over the weekend and mailed out on Monday (weather permitting).

Thanks for the two people who spent way too much on postage to get their flies here.

Guest Big E

Sorry folks. We got 18" of snow this weekend and I've been on snow detail. I'm pooped, my back is sore and I'm hitting the sauce.

Pics will have to wait until tomorrow and then I'll get the flies out shortly after.

E

I know how that goes. When I lived in Valdez, AK, we averaged 330 inches a year :bugeyes: and my drive was 180 feet long!!!!! I did cheat, there was a guy in the neighborhood with a big CAT front loader. $35 bucks and he could make a 4 foot dump just go away in 10 minutes. :thumbup: By the way you shouldn't have to do that very much when you get out here.

Frank aka Student4evr

Guest Big E

BigE:

Bruce:

Dezod:

Dnthmn:

Jacktjl:

Mouse:

Professori:

Stewnofly:

Student4evr:

TF5:

Wernstriumph:

Big E

Thanks for posting those pictures, I appreciate your time involved with this, as well as everyone's efforts in tying.

Looks like some great weaves!

Thanks again for hosting.

t5f