Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MontanaBound

About the thread

I just bought some thread off ebay saying that it was 6/0 thread, but when i got it, it looks nothing like it. it is not one single strand it is a bunch of them lined up to make on. any idea what it is. when it is loose it kind of looks like really thin yarn, and when you pull it tight it looks just like all the rest. any ideas.

I just bought some thread off ebay saying that it was 6/0 thread, but when i got it, it looks nothing like it. it is not one single strand it is a bunch of them lined up to make on. any idea what it is. when it is loose it kind of looks like really thin yarn, and when you pull it tight it looks just like all the rest. any ideas.

is it 3 strands and flat?

shane

It is a polypropelene thread. That's why it looks like really thin poly yarn when it's not under tension. I've got some from an ohio company. It will work fine. It will lay fairly flat which can be a good thing. It's a little different to work with than a "single strand" thread. (all threads are really multiple very very small thread strands)