Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iso18

I JUST COULDN'T DO ANYTHING

,just kidding.I was @ krogers a while ago and bought some sally hansens hard as nails.Had never heard of it except on here.What r some uses for it?

shane

protects your nails from the harsh treatment they get from extended tying :hyst: :hyst: let some thicken works great for rangley style streamers to glue the feathers together

its a pinkish clear color,dont knowif it would go with my new hairdo and my blouse :hyst:

shania :hyst:

,just kidding.I was @ krogers a while ago and bought some sally hansens hard as nails.Had never heard of it except on here.What r some uses for it?

shane

I use it on Turkey feathers, pheasant tail fibers to toughen up the feather for use on a shellback nymph case. I think Sally Hansen is a bit too thick for head cement. I prefer head cement that soaks in to the thread head, not globs on. Maybe my Sally is old...swiped it from my wife 2 years ago! <_<

I use it as an epoxy/lacquer on the heads of streamers. I don't have a good technical photo of these streamers but you can see that they're shiny and smooth.

IMG_9033.JPG