Fly Tying
Pelhament

My Bass Box

Couple bass from today hitting one of my favorite pond/sloughs in Eugene.

First one was near a nest, I cast a crease fly to it first. The fish came to the surface grabbed the edge of the fly and swam it off the nest. Then I tied on a Gully worm, let it sink and twitched it. It grabbed it and I whiffed on the hook set. Next cast, it inhaled it before it had a chance to sink. The fly was a 1/0 Tungsten Cone head Gully worm in brown with a chartreuse tail and chartreuse foam paddle tail. Its about a 5 inch fly. Fish was probably around 2 lbs.

0515091535.jpg

Then I started casting a black and orange deer hair popper. I heard a commotion to my left and noticed that a fish had just taken something on the surface. I made a perfect cast landing the fly right on the fishes nose. The fish freaked out but didn't take, I then twitched the fly causing the same reaction. The second twitch, the popper disappeared and I set the hook. The fly was a 1/0 black and orange deer hair popper with 3 inch long grizzly orange saddle hackle tail and black and orange rubber legs. Black and orange is my top producing popper combo on this pond. This fish was a little larger than the first but not by much.

[0515091611.jpg

All in all it was a great couple of hours after work. Even got a take from the massive carp that inhabit the pond

What the hell was all that about?! Did I miss something or just get sucked into a young writer's contest worm hole? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink:

ANYWAY,

Great looking fish...glad your getting out! Gonna try to hit the water with Flyfisher 13 tomorrow...wish us luck! Still loving your pics in this thread..(still think I love you!)

Oh Dear Lord, Those Flies are awesome I wish my box looked like that ! If you wouldnt mind whats the recipe for those gully worms ? BTW Your friends photography is absolutely amazing.

Bru

Oh Dear Lord, Those Flies are awesome I wish my box looked like that ! If you wouldnt mind whats the recipe for those gully worms ? BTW Your friends photography is absolutely amazing.

Bru

Here is the recipe I used. I added a tunsgten cone head on mine.

http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?newwindow=...mp;subject=2626

OH NO!!! TWILIGHT ZONE IS BACK!!! WHAT THE HELL, MAN?!! WHY ARE YOU SO HELLBENT ON RUINING THIS THREAD?!

the thread looks a bit, uh, inconsistent now that Will deleted our intruder!! I LOVE YOU, WILL!!! STEELHEAD, BABY!! OOWWWWW!!! :P

Thanks guys, a lot of very nice compliments being thrown around. I just hope that some of these patterns get duplicated and used in your own arsenals.

Amazing work!!!! Thanks for share with us

Have a few questions if you don´t mind...

The fish tail of the spinnerbaits have some kind of movement?

Why did you tie the tail in one side of the hook and not over the hook shank?

Just want to know because I want to replicate your flies.

Thanks and as I say, those are amazing flies and photos

ps. Forgive my poor english skills, I do my best.

Your English is better than most Kentuckian's English!! HA HA

Are you by chance bass fishing in Mexico?

Your English is better than most Kentuckian's English!! HA HA

Are you by chance bass fishing in Mexico?

That's a good one, thanks

Yes, I do a lot of bass fishing, monster bass are around here, some of the better places are from the state of Sinaloa like Huites (Walker's Cay Chronicles TV Show was shot in that place) Bacurato and El Salto Lakes. Anytime you need good information and tips from Mexico places, just let me know.

Is this the fly you are speaking of? The Magic Minnow?

Flies_1.jpg

The tail is made of microsuede and is one of Marc Pettitjean's products. There is a half inch slit in the front of it.

You tie it with the tail facing forward

utstep2.jpg

Then you flip it over and secure it to the side of the hook shank.

utstep3.jpg

Hope that helps!

Is this the fly you are speaking of? The Magic Minnow?

Flies_1.jpg

The tail is made of microsuede and is one of Marc Pettitjean's products. There is a half inch slit in the front of it.

You tie it with the tail facing forward

utstep2.jpg

Then you flip it over and secure it to the side of the hook shank.

utstep3.jpg

Hope that helps!

Clear like water...

Many thanks for your time and patient

And as I say, great looking flies, design and photos.