Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

Dry on the vise/ Wet off

Ray (letumgo)

<°)((((>< I just received a fly with cdc from riffleriversteelheadslayer I could try that one later. Thanks a lot.

P.S. Your photos are great with the cdc.

As you see with these pictures there is not much difference between the three so I guess with this style I should pay attention as to how I tie and place the material. Doesn't appear to be much give.

dry water wet

What Moder means and what I read him saying, (please correct me if I am wrong Moder). Is that if the fly is wet "out of water" it will look different than being wet "in water". The fly might appear more like the fly completely dry "in the air" when it is wet "in water".

Can a fly be wet in water? But what Moder means is that the properties of the fly will change if it is wet "out of water".

For instance a woolly bugger is very fully in the water. The marabou expands and contracts when it is being pulled through the water. However if the woolly bugger is wet and in your hand it displays none of the properties it displays underwater.

So I think Moder was saying nothing about the two pictures rather, lets just be aware of the differences that can arise.

I think this is a great idea! I really like to see what the materials look like wet, but I would also like to see what the flies look like submerged.

Phil

Yep thats what i mean and i do think it is a good idea. I just wanted to let people know it does not look the same wet out of water as it would submerged in water. Thanks Phil

I've seen some terrific flies here, but the fly just soaking wet is not how the fish see it. The materials come alive under

the water completly unlike what it looks like out of water. Just though I'd say, but again, some great flies everybody.

Jan

letumgo you were so right about the CDC, Here is one of riffleriversteelheadslayers' CDC. riff I hope you like them.

first cdc is DRY -INWATER -WET