Fly Tying
vices

Whats your favorite thing about this site...

Just wondering, theres alot about this site someone could like.. whats your personal hook to the site.. ?

vices you asked a serious question so now that i got my daily slam on smalliehunter outa the way....

What makes this site great is the fact that fly fishing is viewed by many people(even those that do it) to be the pastime of the snobby or elitest but the group of people that we have as members on this board dont fall into that way of thinking.

everyone here represents the entire spectrum or life from every bracket of income and every age group. There are guys here that are very "well off" to guys that are just putting in a hard days work to "get by" and from teenagers to guys in their 90's like ol' troutbum tongue.gif

But yet when they click on this site they are just another fly fisherman and they all become friends. The friendships that are made on this site are unreal,most people wouldn't think that you could become such good friends with people over a computer but when i meet Will(smalliehunter) Chris(big daddy hubbard) and Kevin(J.Johnson) over in PA for the first time last jan. it was like we had all known each other for years the way we got along and joked with each other.

So i'd say it's the fact that everyone on this site is "real" no one puts on a front to create a image of what they want people to percive them as.

That and that Steeldrifter guy! tongue.gif

I guess the original concept was to combine our love of fly-fishing and tying, but it went beyond that. We certainly share ideas, inform each other about new patterns and techniques, but have since taken this to an entirely new direction.

The "good-natured" ribbing seems to keep things on a lighter note.

Then there's the members...

No elitist attitude in here! (Just don't try to sell worms) bugeyes.gif tongue.gif

What I like best is the jacuzzi and the topless dancers. Oh, wait, that's SD. You really should lose some weight, buddy. bugeyes.gif

Really, there are just some nice people here. I have met a few over the past year Ralf, John, Dave and even that little squirt Will and I am honored to have met them. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the crew, even Steve.

I like the people, really great people! They offer lots and lots of help and info!

If it wasnt for steeldrifter i wouldnt have this many post, but one day i desided to beat him in the top 10 posters and man o man, i couldnt leave the keyboard to get a drink lol sd.gif biggrin.gif

No fronts, a genuine love and passion for a hobby, a common bond that trancends income, location, nationality, age and race plus just one hellva group of guys and gals. There are many here that I'd like to meet personally and go fishing with, tie, or just hang out and shoot the shit. And like I've seem on other boards, this is where we come to pour out the hurts and troubles in our lives, as the people here truly care.

Art

Folks who truly love the pursuit of fly fishing and tying without the elitist tag, no matter what your job or income your just a flyfishing nut when you're here.

Everyone jokes around and the photoshop wars are something that always bring a laugh to a dull day. You ask a question or advise and you get sinsere answers without feeling like your asking for the crown jewels, the gang just want's to help out.

Fatman

What I like about this site is that you can speak your mind, and talk about a product and posting links without getting REEMED by the site owners about having to sponsor. We're allowed to be who we are, and have fun. It's just not so damned uptight. One site makes it feel like we should be in a den/library in smoking jackets with slippers on drinking some fine alcohol. Wait, maybe that's a good thing. LOL. But just too elitist. Thinking they're better then anyone else. This site, we're all people who LOVE to flyfish and tie as well. Say it this way, I only have three sites on my "main" favorites list for fishing boards. This site and the two in my signature. The rest are in the "when I have time to read" listing. headbang.gif

The next reponse you may recieve or someone else recieves keep you on your feet. I also love the different report from all over the region. However, I mainly look at the northern reports. I also like the BS I ALWAYS can gaurantee from Will about being a bait dunker or tossing hardware.

Also, being somewhat new to fly fishing I am interested in all this bug stuff you guys talk about. I also enjoy reading about new flies and then tying them up. Theres more, I just can't remember to well because I have been tying to much tonight.

bugeyes.gif help.gif

This site is awsomeuser posted image