Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bogi

Epoxy Gammarus

Very nice indeed. If I were a fish, the word succulent would come to mind before I went for it. By the way, a warm welcome to the forum.

Very nice indeed. If I were a fish, the word succulent would come to mind before I went for it. By the way, a warm welcome to the forum.

Thanks ...

My English is very bad, but I hope that we will somehow agree ....

Forum is excellent, and follow it often ....

I love the way you set the "legs" on these patterns, I'm sure others would be interested to see an s.b.s. if you get a chance. By the way, your English is excellent.

I love the way you set the "legs" on these patterns, I'm sure others would be interested to see an s.b.s. if you get a chance. By the way, your English is excellent.

OK ....

Will try to SBS ....

YES...am very interested in how you set the legs any insight would be appreciated...very nice ....

J-man

These guys in Eastern Europe don't mess around! Love seeing these kinds of submissions! Freat craftsmanship, my friend!

YES...am very interested in how you set the legs any insight would be appreciated...very nice ....

J-man

I have beautiful legs with resin epoxi ........ individually, leg by leg....

J-man

Bogi is correct. each leg is set into the underside of the fly. I have down several scuds like this. I like to epoxy the back, let it set, then turn the fly in a vice, dip each leg into epoxy, and attach. Each needs to be done individually to get the effect Bogi has acheived, but you can also do it in small buches for each segment for a more representational appearance. I haven't tried the alternative method of inserting the legs just as the epoxy back dries....most good tiers can do it...I also screw up the back of the lfy when I try to do it...There was a great how to article in Flytyer several years ago. As reading that article just last evening..I will find it and post the issue info...should be link in the article somehwere...

Thanks for the info I was guessing the way it looked they were tied that way...

Jman

I first do the Epoxi wait totally thigh, use the highest five-minute.....when almost all of it with the body beautiful legs

Don't know if this will help any interested tiers, but Shane Stalcup did a wonderful step by step tutorial in the Summer 2002 issue of Fly tyer. The article was titled "Natural-born Scuds". Great pics, but no links listed in the article. One might try googling "ultra scud" and "softex scud".