Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

Whiting American Saddles

I've noticed that the price of Whiting American Saddles has recently shot way up. Stockard used to sell them for $12.75 and now they are $19.85. I haven't purchased one in a couple of months so I'm not sure when the price shot up but that is about a %50 increase. I have looked around at other sites and they price theirs about the same. Has anyone heard any reason for this? Did roosters suddenly become endangered or is Whiting just hurting from the bad economy?

I suppose with the constantly falling value of the American peso, I mean dollar, it's a miracle everything hasn't doubled in price.

no, I was wrong AGAIN..... $12.75 in July of last year. I would say it's an indicator of a GOOD economy- Whiting must figure they are moving enough of them to justify a price increase, and the offset of fewer sold but for a higher price they'll still make a profit. PLUS, they know us fly tyers are great big suckers, and will pay a lot for their feathers. Better get your dry fly necks now, before they go way up too. If they take the same jump, they'll cost $90.

i think i remember the owner of a local fly shop telling me the price increase seen in all whiting materials was because of fuel/feed costs be passed on...

they sure do make sizable jumps in hackle pricing for whatever reason.

clarkii.

Oh, good. I was hoping someone would raise the price of tying

materials. $90 for a Silver grade rooster cape just wasn't high enough. *Cough, cough*. <_<

Mike

Oh, good. I was hoping someone would raise the price of tying

materials. $90 for a Silver grade rooster cape just wasn't high enough. *Cough, cough*. <_<

Mike

:jumpy: :lol2: