Fly Tying
carolinafisherman

Greetings and Salutations

Howdy folks, this is a great e-community! I've been reading this site for a while and have finally decided to register. I really enjoy all of the information posted on this site, and all of the great fishermen willing to share their knowledge. My goal here is to further my knowledge of the sport of fly fishing and fly tying, participate in some swaps, and share my knowledge as much as possible.

Tight Lines

-CF

Welcome aboard! I have a brother living on the East coast of NC.....a lot of great fishing opportunities for you in that state, both fresh and salt.

Mike

:headbang:

I have been browsing through the site for a few days now and just noticed this thread so I figured Id introduce myself. My name is Kaleb Dutil I live in Wilmington, NC I Have been fly fishing and tying since July 2009 so Im still a beginner but I feel I am progressing well. I Fish from a Kayak Native Ultimate 14.5 and a Freedom hawk 12. I work weekends as a kayak fishing guide for a local Kayak shop. I am also the Cape Fear Chapter coordinator for a non profit called Heroes on the Water. What we do is assist in the rehabilitation of injured service members who were injured during their time of service through the sport of kayak fishing. http://www.heroesonthewater.org/

I mainly fish salt water and my main targeted specie is Red drum on the flats. But I also enjoy evening trips to the lake in pursuit of bass on top water, and one day float trips on my favorite river in search of bluegill. Basically if it swims I like to try and catch it.

I have really enjoyed the site so far and I think there is alot to be learned here.

Welcome Neighbors! I live in North GA. on the TN line. It's good to have some more people from the southern part of the United States here. I come to Wilmington a lot for work and have fished around the inletts for some Red's there and loved it.

This is a great site :headbang:

Thanks guys

Ed next time you are gonna be in Wilmington PM me with a date and Ill get you on some reds on the fly

You got a deal!

When you head over to Western NC, North GA or TN. let me know and I can get you on some trout!

Thanks guys

Ed next time you are gonna be in Wilmington PM me with a date and Ill get you on some reds on the fly

You got a deal!

When you head over to Western NC, North GA or TN. let me know and I can get you on some trout!

Alright sounds good