Fly Tying
djmyers

Chain Stone

that's one of the most inivative ties I've ever seen! How about extending the chain, dubbing a little between the beads, for a hellgrammite pattern? Just a thought.

Brilliant design! This pattern should be a great success. It really gets the ideas/possibilities flowing though my head.

Question - Where did you find the black bead-chain?

The chain you can get at JStockard. I want to tie some up for Golden Stones as well, cause they have some gold bead chain as well. I tried using 6 beads instead of 5 and it just doesn't look quite right. It throws off the proportions. This is a #12 with I believe medium size chain. JStockard sells Large and Small beads as well.

No, I haven't fished it yet. But I loved the looks of it so I decided to post it. If any of you tie it and use it I would love to hear some responses on it. It was just a new idea, and so I haven't gotten out to try it. Hope to soon!

The fly has a very distinct similarity to the Dirtdiver stone that Dave Goulet of Classic and Custom Fly Shop ties. The only real difference that I can see is that he uses a black bead at the head as well. And yes, they get down fast, wiggle and work well.

Just when you think you've seen it ll and that everything has already been tyed before, you come across a fly like this!!! Kick ass!!! great inovation my friend! We gotta have a step by step!!! or at least fill us in on how you tyed the tail in.