Fly Tying
Dart

Popper Swap II

Paul, no hatin' going on here. Nice fish! And don't worry... I don't sit on swap flies. Everyone's flies are due to me by June 1st. Provided everyone comes through, I'll have them in the mail June 2nd.

Would love to see a pic of a Northwest smallie with one of my frog poppers in his mouth! Nice slab fish, Paul!

BTW,

this is the first swap where I've done painted eyes...they're not great, but I think they'll be fine when finished.

I'm going to drive for 7 hours tomorrow for 3.5 hours of fishing. My dad's going fishing across state after work, so it's well worth the drive to join him. I'll try out my prototype popper to see how it performs and will relay the results Thursday night (work is going to be rough Thurs).

Hope to see some pics of your trip, Jeff!

Will be epoxying poppers this afternoon. Will post a few pics later this evening.

Yeah, today's gonna be a long day. Mrs. Dart is going to a conference for work, so she's taking the camera. Hopefully dad will be taking his. If so, I'll get some pics up. And that's 7 hours round trip Paul. I'll be driving back tonight. Hopefully the wind will be calm out on the water for some nice sunset topwater panfish action!

hay dart' I have pics of fish on my prototype poppers on my cell ph. dont know to post them. also have to make some adjustments---- they spin too much.happy fishing Gerry

Gerry, I'm unsure of how to post pics from your cell phone either. :dunno:

Paul, thanks for the invite. I hope to be able to take you up on it someday.

hay dart' I have pics of fish on my prototype poppers on my cell ph. dont know to post them. also have to make some adjustments---- they spin too much.happy fishing Gerry

My daughter gets the pictures from her camera by attaching them to a text message that she sends to her email account, which she then downloads/saves to the computer. I don't have texting on my phone so I've never tried it myself but she does it that way all the time.

Kirk

Yeah, today's gonna be a long day. Mrs. Dart is going to a conference for work,

Tell me about long days! Mrs Breambuster has been gone for 10 days. Gets home later today. I've tried to go fishing twice during that time, and each time an emergency work-related call kept me from going. I'll get there eventually, I hope! Haven't had the fly rod near water all year.

I need to get one more coat of finish on my poppers and then dress them. Hope to get them in the mail next week.

Take care

BB

I got a package this morning from Kirk. These things are too nice to fish! These things are unlike any poppers I've ever seen. You went above and beyond, my friend. If I'm brave enough, I'll get these bad boys wet this afternoon. If I get them caught in a tree, I just may have to chop it down to retrieve it.

I got a package this morning from Kirk. These things are too nice to fish! These things are unlike any poppers I've ever seen. You went above and beyond, my friend. If I'm brave enough, I'll get these bad boys wet this afternoon. If I get them caught in a tree, I just may have to chop it down to retrieve it.

Thanks Dart but are you talking about the foam poppers I posted a picture of back on page 7 or the two extra hard bodies I just included as extras for you? I would have loved to have done the hard bodies for everyone but I'm so busy right now with end of school activities with my children and extended family I didn't have time for all the painting. The foam poppers are really good bugs and I had the heads already made up - those are my workhorse poppers; I think you'll like the results when fishing them.

Kirk

Epoxied the bodies earlier in the evening....should be ready to dress a little later tonight...

post-20880-1274317373_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1274317406_thumb.jpg