Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill ONLY Invitational Swap

Mine are done, tagged and boxed. Wife is mailing them tomorrow. I didnt have a chance to do it today. I made two sets for everyone. One in black and one in green. Trim the legs as you see fit.

Mine are done, tagged and boxed. Wife is mailing them tomorrow. I didnt have a chance to do it today. I made two sets for everyone. One in black and one in green. Trim the legs as you see fit.

Thanks for that last part! Same applies to my offerings. While I think the longer legs generally look cooler, shorter(up to a point) usually fishes better for Bluegill. Fly Fishing Nippers were made to trim leader and rubber legs.

Thanks for that last part! Same applies to my offerings. While I think the longer legs generally look cooler, shorter(up to a point) usually fishes better for Bluegill. Fly Fishing Nippers were made to trim leader and rubber legs.

NP Stip. I like to leave the legs a little long to allow people to trim them as they see fit. Hope everyone likes them. Not my best work but not my worst either. I am such an inconsistent tyer

Kirk thanks. I am a very strong type A (I know be surprise being the police) so everything I do has to be perfect. Some of them are great and some are just ok. But what can you do? They will fish and the gills in the river up here loved them so....

Guys, my procrastination caught up with me. I've been distracted with things going on and we got the call that a death in the family is imminent. Only God knows at this point how things will go down, and what travel arrangements will be for the funeral.

I will make good on my swap bugs, but they aren't making it in time. I can mail them to everyone individually when things calm down around here... just let me know how you want me to do it. I know you are all such great guys that you're likely to say "don't worry about it. take care of family stuff," but I'm gonna get your poppers to you. I shouldn't have waited so long to start them. <_<

I have no problem waiting personally. Within the next two or so weeks, the bite for the sunfish will slow to a crawl if that here in MD where I fish. I will then be switching to trout. I totally understand how life gets in the way. Up to what everyone else says and what the host decides. Just my two cents.

I was just laying in bed and I realized that I forgot to mention this: I don't expect any flies to be sent to me. So I'm not asking for something for nothing. I hate for everyone to wait on me, so I'm fine to ship my poppers out to everyone individually when I get them done, with no flies expected in return.

Meeting with hospice in the morning, expecting everything to be complete within a week-ish.

If it's OK with everyone, let's just wait until Dart's family crisis is resolved, and he is able to get his set to me. If anyone has a hot fishing trip coming up, let me know & I'll send the rest of your set to you now, & I'll mail Dart's fly to you when it comes. Otherwise, I'll just hold all the flies until Dart gets his to me.

Dart, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I've had LOTS of experience with Hospice over the years and have found them to be a great organization. Will your loved one be in a Hospice House, or at home with Hospice Care? If it's a Hospice House, be SURE to be there when your loved one's stay is over and is ready to leave. At least here in the South, the Hospice Houses have a little "ceremony" in which they say "good-bye" to the family that is very moving and very comforting. Either way, don't hesitate to tell the Hospice workers what you need or ask them any questions that you might have. They will shoot straight with you more so than many of the Drs I have seen. Drs are all about health and getting well, and death means that they have failed. Hospice workers, on the other hand, are trained to help you and your loved one with the process of dying. Rest assured of my prayers, and I'm sure of others in this swap as well, for you, your family, and your loved one during these days. If you need to PM me about anything, don't hesitate to do so. I'm here for you.

Take Care.

BB

Having gone through this twice in the last couple of years, I have no problem with extending the deadline. Other things in life do happen.

Frank aka...

Thanks guys, for your support. She was moved into a hospice house this afternoon... about an hour ago. We're still waiting for an assessment from them. Again, thanks for the understanding.