Fly Tying
2bonthewater

SALMON -- east coast salmon swap

Swap is CLOSED

steeliedrifter has been sent my information

all regular swap rules apply -- please place postage on a pre-paid envelope or package -- remember, what you are getting back might be heavier than what you are sending in---- I normally throw a 5 dollar stamp on it -- It certainly will cover any postage fees and can usually be sent Priority Mail -- 2-3 day delivery most areas -- first class takes 5-7 days

(3 bucks will usually cover any postage fees on flies---no matter how much weight is attached)

US and CANADA ONLY

First 12 with FISH ON stated are in---------there will be a total of 13 participants---including me

Tie your favorite or best fish catching salmon fly for East Coast Salmon fishing-- stonefly, streamer---whatever is your hot fly--no single glo-bugs though!!!!

Due Date is September 16th --- that is 6 weeks away -- I will get them out post haste so they are in your hands by the next week ----

When you are finished with your flies, PM me and I will send you the mailing address

This is my first time hosting -- so, let's all be nice and get the flies in on time !!!

can't wait to see what you guys tie up -- each tyer makes 12 flies, one dozen

1 --Fish On -- 2Bonthewater ----- DONE

2 --Fish On -- Salmonid ----- Received

3 --Fish On -- NJL ----- black bear green butt variation --- Received

4 --Fish On -- honestflyfisher ----- RECEIVED

5 --Fish On -- Horseshoes ----- muddlerish --- Received

6 --Fish On -- Will ----- Received

7 --Fish On -- geozip ----- RECEIVED

CLOSED

you guys can either tie 12 of one pattern or 6 of 2 patterns..........this should be neat.............

don't forget toe tags !!!

thanks for playing fellas !!!!

Fish on!!

pattern tbd

steeliedrifter has been sent my information

all regular swap rules apply -- please place postage on a pre-paid envelope or package -- remember, what you are getting back might be heavier than what you are sending in---- I normally throw a 5 dollar stamp on it -- It certainly will cover any postage fees and can usually be sent Priority Mail -- 2-3 day delivery most areas -- first class takes 5-7 days

(3 bucks will usually cover any postage fees on flies---no matter how much weight is attached)

US ONLY

First 12 with FISH ON stated are in---------there will be a total of 13 participants---including me

Tie your favorite or best fish catching salmon fly for East Coast Salmon fishing-- stonefly, streamer---whatever is your hot fly--no single glo-bugs though!!!!

Due Date is September 16th --- that is 6 weeks away -- I will get them out post haste so they are in your hands by the next week ----

When you are finished with your flies, PM me and I will send you the mailing address

This is my first time hosting -- so, let's all be nice and get the flies in on time !!!

can't wait to see what you guys tie up

1 --Fish On -- 2Bonthewater

2 --

3 --

4 --

5 --

6 --

7 --

8 --

9 --

10--

11--

12--

Are you talking Atlantic Salmon or Landlocked Salmon? I've never fished for Atlantic Salmon but my parents did. If you'll have me I will tie something they have caught fish on. I will have to check there certificates to determine which pattern. I hope to get up north for Salmon in the next few years. Fish on, if you'll have me.

Allright Horseshoes !!! I'll revoke the US only............to include Canada............no fighting from me !!!!

there are some atlantic salmon, but not many........

Lake Ontario King and Coho salmon----they will be running the tribs soon enough...............

After I posted, I figured that out. I think I will pass. Good luck with the swap.

John

Hey JOhn..............the flies don't have to be pretty.........just mean and tough looking so that the salmon gets ticked off and smashes the fly.........there are some simple effective patterns too --- stop light or stop signal is a killer pattern and is a cinch to tie........big buggers--with legs and egg head..........estaz buggers..........veiled eggs.......the list goes on.........

nobody is expected to tie an intricate west coast spey style fly..........unless they really want to.............get crazy with a stonefly pattern........

Vinny -- Hey, it's my first swap as swapmeister.........just want to fill it up !!!

After I posted, I figured that out. I think I will pass. Good luck with the swap.

John

AWWW Shucks.............FISH ON!!!!!!!!

pattern TBD, I'll check my books.

and...........thanks for allowing me to enter, I know the drill.

2Bonthewater

I'm doing a type of muddler. Got the pattern from a guy in the shop but I can't remember what the name was. Apparently the fish breaks out of the water and comes down on the fly. :yahoo:

Sounds Interesting...........

2Bonthewater

I'm doing a type of muddler. Got the pattern from a guy in the shop but I can't remember what the name was. Apparently the fish breaks out of the water and comes down on the fly. :yahoo: