Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

My first time showing anyone my flies!

Absolutely impressive! you seem to have a very good understanding of managing materials and your patterns look very clean and nicely tied!

I gotta say I am REALLY impressed with your flies. Your a fast learner and it looks like you have an interest in a wide range of flies. All of these should catch fish. The fact that tying is beneficial is an added bonus. Kudos and please keep sharing your flies. Welcome aboard.

I gotta say I am REALLY impressed with your flies. Your a fast learner and it looks like you have an interest in a wide range of flies. All of these should catch fish. The fact that tying is beneficial is an added bonus. Kudos and please keep sharing your flies. Welcome aboard.

thanks again everyone. I am tying your hypnofish and plain and simple tomorrow :)

Beautiful flies Mr. Vegas! Aint it great to find a hobby that is good for you? You are 100% correct about the talent on this forum. A lot of the folks on here have their own forums and sites and if you are checking them out and trying to imitate what they do, you will improve even more. It is ridiculous how far you have progressed in only 4 months. Keep tying and keep posting! :headbang:

Here's another great site with a few familiar faces:

http://www.flymphforum.com/phpBB3/index.php

I agree with everyone else...SWEET!

The Beetle looking thing you are working on is an absoute killer looking tie.

http://uploadpic.org/storage/originals/nsf...djnffss8f2s.jpg

I was stationed in Vegas for two years while in the AF, the bank fishing in Lake Mead is very good. I used to scuba dive places like Kingman Wash on the Arizona side and Pyramid Island and others...Places with rocky shoreline and riprap hold a great deal of bass and panfish...Oh, did I mention the killer striper fishing? Mead is an outstanding place for a summer float tube trip . Vegas has some of the most beautiful outdoor areas and great sporting oportunities that many never see or hear about...One of my best assignments ever, and I don't even gamble.

Tight lines...dave

thanks again everyone for your comments. I just some how screwed the jaws in my vise and now the smallest hook I can fit in it is a 12 :/ . The spring is all loose.. I guess now I can play with some saltwater flies since that will be my only option for a little. Its nice to see the seasoned veterans like what I have done so far.

First of all i`m really impressed with your flies, but i`m even more impressed how you have managed to make such good looking flies in such a short period of time.

That`s simply fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My flies was not even close to this after just a few months, so i take my hat off for you.

I was also moved by your story and i wish you all the best for the future, and i´m looking forward to see more of your flies.

Keep them coming and keep up the good work :D

All the best.

Terje!

First of all i`m really impressed with your flies, but i`m even more impressed how you have managed to make such good looking flies in such a short period of time.

That`s simply fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My flies was not even close to this after just a few months, so i take my hat off for you.

I was also moved by your story and i wish you all the best for the future, and i´m looking forward to see more of your flies.

Keep them coming and keep up the good work :D

All the best.

Terje!

wow, thank you.. All I have is time so I spend my day tying! i'm kinda at a stand still till I can get a new vise. I tried tying some stuff today and my vise bearly will hold hooks now. I tied some saltwater flies by hand and I can't believe how hard that was! I made some clousers and foam emergers they are horrible but it was kinda fun going back to the roots of tying! I have to get some medical bills taken care of before I can afford a nice rotary vise which I want. I am trying to find someone that is willing to trade materials for a vise :)

Here are the emergers. One of my favorites to tie. I used some hackle holders and I held that in the vise lol.. They kept moving but it was better than nothing. The clousers are not worth showing

l9n8fnfnfll2lffrsj8fn9ffj2.jpg

OK Im gonna say it.................... BULL!!! 4 months my butt!!!! Maybe 4 years but not 4 months. Those flies are way more advanced that 4 months of tyin. HELL The Dragonfly nymph has frekin biceps!!! Ive been tying for 6 years and Ive never tied biceps.

What I'm trying to say is HOLY CRAP THAT IS FREAKIN GOOOD STUFF!!!!!!

OK Im gonna say it.................... BULL!!! 4 months my butt!!!! Maybe 4 years but not 4 months. Those flies are way more advanced that 4 months of tyin. HELL The Dragonfly nymph has frekin biceps!!! Ive been tying for 6 years and Ive never tied biceps.

What I'm trying to say is HOLY CRAP THAT IS FREAKIN GOOOD STUFF!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA Thank you so much! I normally will spend about 6 hours a day tying and with my last profession I had to be a perfectionist :) It took me a couple minutes to get what you meant by biceps lol.. Thanks for making my day. I never named that fly so maybe the buff dragon nymph or.... steroid dragonfly nymph :)

I agree with everyone else...SWEET!

The Beetle looking thing you are working on is an absoute killer looking tie.

http://uploadpic.org/storage/originals/nsf...djnffss8f2s.jpg

I was stationed in Vegas for two years while in the AF, the bank fishing in Lake Mead is very good. I used to scuba dive places like Kingman Wash on the Arizona side and Pyramid Island and others...Places with rocky shoreline and riprap hold a great deal of bass and panfish...Oh, did I mention the killer striper fishing? Mead is an outstanding place for a summer float tube trip . Vegas has some of the most beautiful outdoor areas and great sporting oportunities that many never see or hear about...One of my best assignments ever, and I don't even gamble.

Tight lines...dave

I don't gamble either. I will look into all those places for this fall. Thanks for the suggestions

WOW!!!

I'm gobsmacked, your crankin out some awesome looking ties buddy. :thumbsup:

I was tying for quite a while before mine started looking anywhere near that good. Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to add them to the database, they're more than good enough.

I know what you mean by saying you're a perfectionist, I suffer the same affliction and it's held me back sometimes. I am glad you decided to bite the bullet and share your story/flies with everyone. You've landed in the right place on this forum, it's the best network/community I've found.

I am sorry to hear your vise is out of commission for a while and I'm going to try to solve that issue as soon as I can. I'm waiting on a reply email from someone and if everything goes smoothly I'll have a good quality vise to you shortly. I'll keep you posted on that front, if you could PM me your postal details that would be great.

My Best

Karsten