Fly Tying
boynabubble

Caddis Lifecycle Swap

:bugeyes: :bugeyes:

My flies are about half done, should finish up and mail off by Monday if all goes well. Life has been a little hectic last 2 weeks, need to spend some time at the tying bench with a hot cup of tea, some Lynrd Skynrd music and relax. Ah!

flytyman1

Got an excellent set of flies from professori today. I really like both patterns, that Mikuluk Sedge looks like a great fast water pattern, and the glass bead caddis larvae is sure to be a killer!

Houndog, haven't received yours yet, hopefully they will be here in a day or two.

Hope everyone's flies are coming along smoothly!

Just received two VERY nice sets of flies from rockworm and yetavon. Yetavon, your flies are excellent! I really like the mallard wing on the dries. I will definitely be adding your simple caddis larva to my box, I'm all for simple but deadly flies and this one looks like a killer! Rockworm, your flies are superb! Your caddis pupa is especially amazing. Thank you very much for the extras by the way. I'm a little in awe of salmon flies, I haven't tried my hand at them yet. I think I'll keep yours in your display boxes to sit on my desk and admire! :thumbsup:

Just received a great set of flies from Atroutbum2. Very nice examples of the Hemingway Caddis. I really like the caddis emerger. I think it would double as a great mayfly emerger too!

Good news Houndog, just received your flies. Not sure why they didn't come in with the regular mail this morning but USPS just dropped them off with another box. Great looking buggy emergers and the elk hair caddis look great too! Thanks for the extra wet fly and micro caddis! Very unique little flies. These should work great during the black caddis hatch on the Bighorn.

Glad they finally arrived, getting them accross the border can be slow.

You are most welcome for the extras, thanks for hosting B)

:wheelchair: :wheelchair:

My flies should be going out on Thursday the 20th. Sorry for the delay, strained my back shoveling snow, haven't been able to set at the tying bench for the last week or so. Just wanted to give you a heads up! The Adams Caddis are done, just need to finish the LaFontaine Emergers, they should go pretty fast. It sucks getting old, body ain't what it use to be!

flytyman1

Thanks for the heads up flytyman1, no worries. I'm not old yet but shoveling snow is still a pain in the butt. :D We've seen our share this year in SD.

Just received a fantastic set of flies from the land down under! Extremely well tied, exactly what I expected from you Karsten! :thumbsup: Thanks for the extra buggers, we use a similar mohair leech pattern for our stillwaters. They will definitely be put to good use. Funny thing about those extra Henry's Fork Caddis, that's exactly what I was going to tie for the swap! Now I'll have to see if I can match your level of craftsmanship. :ph34r:

Thanks Cody,

Glad they made it and meet with your approval :D

You'll be begging for more of those Fuzzle Buggers in no time wait til you get them wet ;)

Now I'll have to see if I can match your level of craftsmanship.

You already do, more like better it!

Thanks for hosting mate, thoroughly enjoyed it. When you run another make sure you keep me in mind. A mayfly lifecycle could be interesting, hint hint :P

:wheelchair: :thumbsup:

Flies went out in mail late today! Hope you get them by the 25th, sorry again for the delay. They are calling for more snow tonight into tomorrow here in PA, I think I'll use the snow blower this time. Gotta watch the back! I need to be able to spend time at the tying bench, it is relaxing, relieves the stress!

flytyman1

Tomorrow is the deadline for the flies. They're all in except for foambug's and Mr. Vegas's. Foambug PMed me and let me know his are on the way. For those that may not know, Mr. Vegas had an unfortunate series of events, where flies he was sending out to several swaps were apparently stolen by some little SOB who was going around swiping mail from people's mailboxes. Mr. Vegas is a great tier and all around great guy and is tying up a second set of flies. I'm sure everyone in this swap is OK with waiting a few days for Dustin's flies? No doubt they are worth the wait.

Forgot to add, don't have flytyman's flies in yet, but they were sent on the 20th. Should be receiving all flies this week. Mine are all tied and ready to go so it is just a matter of sorting them and sticking them in the mail.