Fly Tying
Oncorhynchus gorbuscha

Pacific Northwest Pink Salmon

pinks are my favorite to tie for heres a couple flies that ive tied that might work. feed back is greatly appreciated. also if you guys have patterns that work splease share so i can expand my skills :)

Ty

post-30599-1294978318_thumb.jpg

post-30599-1294978336_thumb.jpg

post-30599-1294978374_thumb.jpg

My favorite Pink Salmon fly is a Flash Fly. Pink Flashabou tail, silver mylar body, Pink Flashabou Wing. Looks just like your 2nd and 3rd fly except it uses flashabou.

All those look like they would work for pinks, my favorite would be the third one.

I've found it best to keep pink patterns fairly sparse.

One of my all time favorite pink patterns for river fishing is a small clouser tied with cherise and white bucktail, last pink season they ate them up!

P1000496.jpg

P1000527.jpg

Your first one is a little more bulky than I tie for pinks but it looks great for Steelies. The other 2 are ones that I would tie myself. A simple bead head handle bar is one of the most efective flies for Pinks I have found. A size 8 or 10 Clouser in Pink/White and Green/White is also a easy and efective fly to tie.

Keep tieing.

Have Fun

I tie pink woolybuggers, pink marabou minnows, pink leeche patterns, all with alot of pink crystal flash. Basically anything bright pink will get them to hit, I literally caught a 150 in one day...went through almost 2 dozen flies on them.

Undertow

Steeliecore showed me a really nifty pattern for pinks, they will take a surface fly B)

The pink wog

Good Day,

Nice patterns and I am sure the pink will eat 'em up! If I may... some constructive criticism... need a little work on the heads and the rear of the last pattern. The fish won't mind, but your flies might last longer too. Hope I wasn't too brutal... keep it up!

Steelie