Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kc9fau

Classes

What is a reasonable price to pay for tying classes? The local shop is offering a seven week class (once a week) with materials provided for $100. Does $100 sound reaonable for 7 classes and materials. I just started tying and would like to get as much help as possible.

Yes it's a great deal.

My club in Edmonton puts on beginner clinics twice a year for 30.00 for just one(8 hours) day of instruction. 7 Classes is an awsome deal.

I never took a class, but this price sounds very reasonable. May I suggest that you also look at this site. There are many great lessons for new tiers.

Good luck in your new/crazy hobby we call fly tying.

Hi kc,

That is a very reasonable price. I usually charge $25.00 per hour per student with everything supplied. The price your shop is charging is a real bargain. Good luck & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

yes, that's reasonable, but i would say it depends on the student to instructor ratio. if it's a ten person to one instructor class you won't get much personal attention. this is a very important factor. my shop has stopped doing group classes and we just do one on one instruction for $20/ hour.

That does sound like a good package; 7 weekly lessons and materials, too. If the shop also has a coffee pot, sawdust on the floor, and an old dog, then you are in for a great time! smile.gif

I think that is a really good price. I took my classes about 3 years ago with the materials and they provided the vise also. I think it was like $40.00 for like 4-5 classes and then they also knocked off 10% on any tying stuff I purchased from them.

Jim